Styling New speakers mk2, Alpine SPS 170A

Currently reading:
Styling New speakers mk2, Alpine SPS 170A

mannionmax

Hi i have just bought some new Alpine SPS 170A speakers for my mk2 punto from Ebay. I was wondering if these will fit properly, they are 6.5 inches/16.5cm, or will i have to get bigger pods and mounting brackets?? Going in front door if u haven't already guessed.

Oh and has anyone tried these speakers? Any good?

Thanks

I've just looked around on the net and it says the "mounting depth" is 2.25". Is this too big??

Thanks 4 the advice, do u know where i can get some speaker pods from. I really need to get rid of these factory speakers they sound awful!

I just found this website that is selling a punto mk2/3 speaker upgrade kit. Inside the alpine sps 170a are included and they say that they fit with no trouble? http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product.asp?product=21272

Hmmm maybe they will then! I have got some Infinity coaxials sat next to me that are shallow mount, and the magnets look much smaller than the Alpine ones. But if that site says it fits then fair enough.
Look on ebay for the adapters IF you need them

Well if they don't fit i'll get those, had a look at the fitting today, not much room in there. Can't believe it is 55 quid tho, but i could get some really big ones in there.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Back