New Speakers in Grande Punto

Currently reading:
New Speakers in Grande Punto

kayum.abdul

I am thinking of upgrading my spekers from the factory fitted ones to Alpine 17cm(6.5") component speakers (model Alpine sxe-1750) in my Grande Punto. Would these fit or would i need to make any modifications to the car. Can someone please let me know thanks.

Standard speakers are 16.5cm so they should fit, providing not too deep. Not sure about the tweeters. The original speakers are rivetted in so these need drilling out, also you will almost certainly need to drill some new holes for the speakers.

Theres a good step by step in the guides section.

thanks guys its been a great help. one more thing how deep are the original ones, the reason i ask is so i know if the news will fit or not.

Tip for you,

Make Sure that you feel around inside the door frame (behind where the speaker is rivited) for any thick cables that can clunk against the metal frame.

These can vibrate like an absolute pig with the volume any higher than even 10.

Take your time on making sure you've done the job as totally as best as you can before putting the door card back on!

Mine have been off and on atleast 10 times since puttting my speakers in due to this vibration.

thanks guys you all been a great help. andy you said 40mm deep were the original ones. do you think or does anyon eslse think that this may be the deepest speaker i can fit in the car or can i fit deeper ones. im new to all this

I put some Sony XS-F1725's in mine they are 45mm deep and i had no problems the best way to check is to pop the door card off drop the window to its lowest point and have a look if your still concerned drill the rivets out remove the speaker and measure the clearance

Back