Technical New spare key

Currently reading:
Technical New spare key

Derbyfella

Established member
We haven’t got a spare key and I don’t think typecastboy has got round to showing how to program one on his channel yet.
I know it can be done through MES but wondering has anyone done it and what is the process.
ie obviously it needs to be cut too

@typecastboy is a proper slacker... 😅

I presume you will need the full-monty "paid" version of the MES, which I don't have but it'll be interesting to know what's involved.
From memory the likes of Timpsons can get you a new key for aboot £120 which is not toooo severe in the overall scheme of a tank of petrol these days and might be a less risky option, since they'll be responsible for making it all work/not deleting the keycodes etc.

My "local" (with the equipment) is down the road in Cwmbran, so I might give them a go if I get round to it. My Stilo and the missus' 500 both only have the single key..

Ralf S.

Four! 2013 Sport (will be finished this weeked), 2013 C (in the bodyshop) 2013 Colour Therapy (work in progress) and this crappy Abarth that's not an Abarth and a car I didn't even buy which I'm fightig with Copart at the moment.

I hvaen't got around to trying the spare key thing using MES yet. I've got some spare keys but not got the chip. I need to buy both types of chips and really want to give it a go. I know it's possible. I pay £140 for a remote key, £80 for a spare and £00 for a full set of both using a local mobile guy who is really reliable.

I brought 2 of these of EBay for just over a tenner, 1 to refurbish my 8 year old main key and the other I’m going to get cut to match but not coded- they arrived super quick and look like OEM,

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back