Technical New spare key Fiat 500 2012

Currently reading:
Technical New spare key Fiat 500 2012

Just bought a Fiat 500 and the spare key did not come with it, the non remote key, is it possible for an independant locksmith to provide and program a non remote key for this car or is it only a main agent that can do this, will the ecu have to be reprogrammed or just the spare key?

Yes c£35-50 I jhave had spares done while I wait at our local big locksmith in Norwich. The key may then need programming in the car so the ECU recognizes it. MES or a dealer may be required if the locksmith cant do this and all keys need to be reprogrammed at the same time or thoses not done will no longer work and may never do so again. A standard ket may possibly not break the bank at a dealer but I have not checked, Remote keys are expensive at least £200.

Yes they should but this did not, when you get a new key cut it along with the existing key have to be reprogramed so the original spare key would no longer work. Another reason for getting a new spare key.
Depending who does it

A cloned key (the cheapest way) does not have to be programmed to the car as it’s identical to its master key

However it’s still possible to via a separate step to permanently block all other keys

You will have to make sure this separate operation has been carried out

We didn't bother blocking the remote key, which was apparently stolen from my wife's bag or pocket on a visit to a market. Fortunately she'd left her car many miles away at a friend's house and gone in the other woman's car, so the thief probably spent a long time searching the market car park for a FIAT that responded to the remote. Our phone number was on a tag on the ring (but not the address obviously!) but no-one ever called to say they'd found it.

Back