General New (sort of) international Panda 4x4 owner

Currently reading:
General New (sort of) international Panda 4x4 owner

Hello everyone,

I had discovered this forum quite a while back when I had bought a used '06 Panda 1.2 Dynamic, and I had sold it to get one with the Skydome option, but circumstances led me to an '00 Twingo Alize instead. While we have enjoyed the Twingo greatly, it also had many quirks and issues which added up, leading the wife and I to miss our Panda greatly. Circumstances, once again, have led us to purchase a red '12 Panda 4x4, at 8000km.

While this buy may seem somewhat normal for most UK folk, the Panda never has been and unfortunately is still quite unknown in Turkey where I reside. As such, while Fiat isn't at liberty to say, I suspect this is the only Panda 4x4 in the country. When I took it in to the dealer to have it checked before purchasing it, they were at liberty to discuss the history of this particular vehicle, which was first registered and used by Birmot - the official Turkish distributor of Fiat vehicles in Turkey - as a show and display model, initially registered as a company car and the title then transferred to the service manager in the city it was being displayed. It was then sold, at 5-6k kilometers, to a local district attorney from whom I purchased it. It was bought for his wife, who turns out isn't very good with a manual transmission. Thus, I went and got it at the first opportunity I had, which was the third day it showed up for sale.

I have yet to take proper pictures of it, which I'll share with you all eventually, I'd like to thank this community for providing such a treasure trove of information, anecdotes, and support. I've gone through quite a few pages of the forum and I look forward to spending time here.

Attachments

• IMG_20150917_175444.jpg
    IMG_20150917_175444.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
Welcome along. It's nice to be unique :) A red 4x4 like yours passes me at the bus stop every morning.

Take it easy,
M

Enjoy your Panda 4x4! Perhaps I missed it, but is it a diesel or a petrol? Either way, I'm sure you'll love your new Panda!

Last edited:
Back