Technical New Scudo Horn replacement

Currently reading:
Technical New Scudo Horn replacement

Toemke

I found some threads on this subject but I can't seem to find any information for the new model (Build 2012 Panorama Executive 165) which has a very poor horn.

So, I really want to change this useless piece of :yuck:

First of all, where is it and what do I need to remove to get to it?
All tips and hints or pictures about how to proceed are very welcome.

I tried in 4 languages on youtube and searched the interweb..found nothing.
Thank you for replying.

The horn can't be that difficult to find, just get someone to beep it while you're under the bonnet (mind your head). Usually they're in front of the radiator & behind the grill, two bolts is usually all that holds them on.
I think manufacturers are nowadays fitting these types of horns with a softer tone to avert road rage incidents.

Steo M thanks but if it was that easy I wouldn't be bothering you with this.
The horn sits "somewhere" behind the left headlight but out of sight.
Now, to get to it some parts need to be removed and I like some help of someone who has experience in this.

It's possible some manufacturers do this for the reason you mention but a horn should be a safety feature too, if needed it should be clearly noticed.
I don't want a sirene or a cucaracha but a decent two tone horn instead of this piep, especially on a vehicle of this size.

You could always disconnect the wires going to it & leave the original horn where it is thus avoiding the hassle of removing it. Then bolt your louder horn somewhere else under the bonnet, connect up the wires to it which you removed from the old one?

Now that's a good idea only, those wires are nowhere to bee seen. Everything is relatively tidy under the bonnet of the recent Scudo.
I'll try to find a wiring scheme on the web but if they are as easy to find as the horn...
Thanks anyway.

Other suggestions remain welcome

This maybe useless information mate, but on the older model scudos the horn is attached to the inside of the bumper, underneath the passenger side headlight which unfortunately is attached from above and quite difficult to get to without removing the bumper.
It could be the same on later models?

Hello Michael, thanks.
Yeah I know, I found several pictures on the net of the old one but the new one is a completely other car.
Are there no technicians on this forum who can give me some tips?

Hello Michael, thanks.
Yeah I know, I found several pictures on the net of the old one but the new one is a completely other car.
Are there no technicians on this forum who can give me some tips?

To be honest mate you shouldn't need a technician. If you can't see it in the engine bay and the noise comes from the left side it is within the bumper or the wing. I think your only option is to take it to a main dealer if you are not confident removing these panels or having a look from underneath

Micheal, you got it wrong my friend. I will take it apart soon if I don't find someone to give me some information about what to remove and how. Just to avoid taking the whole bumper off for example if it's not really necessary. I found several clips and DIY on the net of people doing some technical stuff on their car so I was kinda hoping someone has done this particular job on a new model Scudo to make things easier and avoid extra work, that's all.
Thanks anyway

I will take it apart soon if I don't find someone to give me some information about what to remove and how.

If you do have to do it without any information from someone who already has, could you post a write-up of some kind? It's the way of things that sometimes someone has to go first, and help is what this forum (IMO) is all about!

Good luck in your efforts.

Zog, I'll do that, no problem, I'll even post some pictures. I want to have it done before we leave on our summer holiday mid August. Hope by then an experienced technician has stumbled over this thread...

Google 2007 Fiat Scudo horn location & go to the link for images, there's lots of pictures (not all related) & maybe one of them could be what you want.
As for trying to get a Fiat technician on here to tell you exactly what bolt, clip & fastener to undo plus put up pictures is asking a bit much.
Most of the punters on this site are home mechanics looking for tips who want to avoid costly garages.
There used to be a mod on here called T14086 who knew his stuff about Fiats but I haven't seen any of his posts for ages, you could try sending him a PM.
If all else fails, why don't you just call in or ring your local Fiat main dealer & ask them to put you through to the workshop. Explain to the mechanic that you want to replace the horn & what needs to be taken apart to get at it?

Last edited:
Steo M,
Thanks again. I was gone for some days.
I sent a PM to T14086

It seems T14086 isn't all that active anymore on this forum...

Hi Toemke.
I have the same problem with you (horn is not loud enough) and I was thinking to replace it. Currently I have my Scudo in the official dealer's workshop for an air-con issue. When I take it back I will go for a DIY horn replacement (if it is possible) and I will probably post some pictures.
By the way, I was looking for an appropriate horn kit to replace with. Have you found something good so far?

Hi dmavrommatis
Yes I bought a dual tone horn online. If you google WOLO Very Loud & Black twin set you will find it. It should be plug and play, just replace the old one with these two. I didn't start yet, I was kinda hoping someone beat me to it and posts some pictures of the procedure....;-)

Back