General New Red HP100. Delivery date estimates?

Currently reading:
General New Red HP100. Delivery date estimates?

Seic2HP100

Learning on a Red Seicento Citimatic was becoming a pain (literally - with the auto clutch jerking around between 1st and 2nd) so off I go to get me a new car. The other half has an Alfa Brera - so initially I was thinking 146. Then I got wind of the HP100 and well that was that. But of course I wanted the sunroof, roof bars etc ... so there's a 8 week wait!

That was 14 days ago. There are 42 to go. Perhaps there are more.. then again.. maybe less!? Is the 'estimated delivery date' on the order form accurate?

I would be interested to know if these dates are accurate to the day, or do they move around a bit....?

I can't figure out why it takes so long (even the standard was going to take 4 weeks) - I wonder how many people walk away because of the wait....?

If you want a car with no options you might pick one up straight away. Mine took around 8 weeks in Feb/Mar this year because I ordered side/window airbags, ESP and subwoofer. I could have driven off the same day in an 'in stock' car.

I think the Fiat factory in Poland where these are made is running flat out, espcially if the Fiat 500 is screwed together in the same place (I think it is). Demand is outstripping supply, thus we wait.

You can get them fitted whenever you want. Mine was done when i picked the car up as they came off my M-Jet Panda.

Here' a pic of mine with roof bars:

Attachments

• HPIM0174.JPG
    HPIM0174.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Wow. We are collecting on Wednesday. Went in to the dealer today to finish off the paperwork, and take a sneaky peak. She was still in shipping condition, cardboard everywhere - still - looked stunning - the new red, roof bars, sun roof, big fat tyres... and ... red fiat badges throughout!

Just a few more days...!!!!

sounds like it will look stunning, the new red eh, its a bit darker right? I have to say, if I could afford one now instead of in a couple of years when Im debt free Id have the new red too. I wish they would add some colours to the 100hp, not too keen on any except the white and yours.

Learning on a Red Seicento Citimatic was becoming a pain (literally - with the auto clutch jerking around between 1st and 2nd) so off I go to get me a new car. The other half has an Alfa Brera - so initially I was thinking 146. Then I got wind of the HP100 and well that w
....?

Are you saying you learnt to drive with the auto clutch & if so did you pass your test in a manual car?

Just called the dealer: Black 100hp now at delivery status 30 (out of 60), but no ETA on shipping from them. Anyone got any ideas?

8 weeks from 2nd sept puts you at about 29th oct, i'd add another week, takes you into 1st week nov, with the factory now running the panda and 500, and not enough capacity for demand, could be about right

Back