General New rear wiper on my Seicento?

Currently reading:
General New rear wiper on my Seicento?

BambiOnIce

Hi, I really need to change my rear wiper blade but can't seem to find any replacements available online (or in shops...), are they available or is it a problem for a proper Fiat dealer?

Thanks.

You have two options available to you, go to Fiat and buy a new replacement wiper, or go to Halfords and buy there replacement wiper blade kit, this is not a wiper complete but just the rubber section and thin metal that sits inside the rubber that you cut to size and fit in the original.

Thanks, I'll look at both options ;) J333EVO, is it pretty straightforward to fit a blade inside the casing? (I'm not particularly technical...!)

How come rear wipers from other cars do not fit?

Plenty of manufacturers do the 'smooth' rear wiper - peugeot, citroen, seat and these all intermingle amongst one another, in fact wipers from the above marques fit on the back of my focus, i currently have a wiper from a 206 on the back of mine

But you arent saying it doesnt physically fit?

In that case what is wrong with a rear wiper from another marque? it may even be slightly bigger which would clear a bigger surface area would it not?

Has anyone tried a rear wiper from another marque?

Not discounting what has been said just exploring if there is a third option rather than two

Back