new proto type bravo ?

Currently reading:
new proto type bravo ?

D

dave bahn

well it looks more like a brava to me with those rear lights :)

here is a passage from the site and some pics below see what u think, personally i like it but the spoiler is too big and the rear lights look dodgy

"Giannini's coupé has pushed the study of vehicle dynamics to its outermost limits and is designed for those who love driving. The vehicle is styled to cut through the air like butter and is also fitted with adjustable fins and spoiler.
A computerised system has even been added to assess and manage aerodynamic load while the car is in motion. This model's greatest attributes include good road-holding and extremely low noise levels because extensive research has been carried out to eliminate all turbulence.
A true experimental car, the Bravo "Windsurf" is equipped with mobile fins, pressure recorders and a data management control unit. The system allows continuous electronic monitoring of aerodynamic performance and roadholding while also balancing and stabilising the car's progress by neutralising the adverse effect of wind gusts, air pockets and side winds.
The system devices allow the driver to select two different modes of interaction between vehicle and air flow. The first is passive and minimises drag. The other type is active and modifies vehicle shape at speed. When the active setting is selected, the Bravo "Windsurf" sets up specific forces of resistance to the surrounding air. The car assumes a shape that allows aerodynamic load to be modulated and distributed over both axles. Significant benefits are obtained during sporty and high speed driving.
The styling of the "Windsurf" (Giannini has also looked into the feasibility of manufacturing this car) does not merely reflect a quest for out-and-out aerodynamic performance.
Nicola Crea, who designed the car for Giannini, has also chosen to update numerous classic automotive styling elements for a car of today: distinctive bumpers, front grille, rounded headlamp housings and rear fin.
When considered as a whole, the car reveals deliberately overstated aeronautic stylistic and functional elements which are intended as a reference to the Turbina prototype built by Dante Giacosa in 1954."

gian1.jpg

gian2.jpg

gian3.jpg

gian4.jpg

gian6.jpg

i don't know if it has been shown before but if it has then i am sorry :)

From the web address you can see they were from a car show in 1996. I think they are ItalDesign cars and the one you have pictured does look based on the Brava. In the background of those pics and below you can see the ItalDesign Bravo (i think anyway).

They will never be a new prototype Bravo because of the Stilo .. and also Fiat have gone boxy/bland/Asian in the design philosophy.

ita1.jpg

ita3.jpg

ita4.jpg