254861_4908259273160_59997268_n.jpg

Grande Punto new plates and pics

Introduction

hello people got some pressed plates today and heres some pics :slayer:
Nice plates, especially LOVING your wheels! Suits the car to a tee.. I want them :(!
I've had my pressed plate on the front for ages and have never had trouble with the police! Have only just gotten round to fitting the rear so we'll see if I get pulled!

The British Standard sets out the physical characteristics of the number plate.
This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity.
The British Standard also requires each number plate to be permanently and legibly marked with the following information:

The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d)
The name, trademark or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier (the company that made the plate)
Name and postcode of the supplying outlet.
Other number options:
A non-reflective border
Euro-symbol with national identification letters

Last edited:
The British Standard sets out the physical characteristics of the number plate.
This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity.
The British Standard also requires each number plate to be permanently and legibly marked with the following information:

The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d)
The name, trademark or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier (the company that made the plate)
Name and postcode of the supplying outlet.
Other number options:
A non-reflective border
Euro-symbol with national identification letters

:yeahthat:

I see no BS number, and font doesn't look standard to me (although close) but could be the pictures. There are a few legal pressed plates out there, but they're not normally cheap.

Yeh hate to say it but those plates are illegal. The lettering and spacing for the plate recognition is wrong. It's an incorrect font and there are no borders or markings on the left for country and nationality. And although you won't get done for not having the country you should still have adequate border space for them to be added if requested. Not sure if the police will pull you because I've seen a lot worse on the roads BUT if they did pull you then you will be given a ticket and forced to change them by penalty of law.

You just have to look at my plates which are 100% legal to BS to see yours are quite different

dont dislike comments just because you're judgement may have been wrong, most easterly pandas was only trying to help. You should in fact be 'liking' his post and thanking them for the advice given.

On the other hand, the plates look good, just like those wheels....very similar to mine ;) good to see another red punto :p

dont dislike comments just because you're judgement may have been wrong, most easterly pandas was only trying to help. You should in fact be 'liking' his post and thanking them for the advice given.

On the other hand, the plates look good, just like those wheels....very similar to mine ;) good to see another red punto :p

I was just asking what was wrong with the plates so I know what to look out for when buying mine as I may be getting a private plate so was wanting the pressed plate look if all goes as planned.

I was just asking what was wrong with the plates so I know what to look out for when buying mine as I may be getting a private plate so was wanting the pressed plate look if all goes as planned.
Don't think he was on about you pal. And in regard to your private plate. I'd just stick to normal plates. Your car will be more visible to police by just having a private plate so don't need any reason for them to stop you every other week to check your plates are legal. So yeh get the private plate but just get it printed on a fully legal plate back.

I am sorry if i have offended by disliking the comment. Only disliked it as it seems i don't have any of the necessary marks on my number plate and have been told Porky Pies by the seller! It wasn't a dislike to the persons comments. Can't change it once it's pressed either! My bad...... :( Mr T Jet will be VERY cross with me now!
Sheena (Mrs T Jet) x

I am sorry if i have offended by disliking the comment. Only disliked it as it seems i don't have any of the necessary marks on my number plate and have been told Porky Pies by the seller! It wasn't a dislike to the persons comments. Can't change it once it's pressed either! My bad...... :( Mr T Jet will be VERY cross with me now!
Sheena (Mrs T Jet) x

Its ok, don't worry, you ought to see how often I hit dislike by mistake on my iPad :eek:

Might be worth advising the seller your not happy that they're not road legal, see if they'll do a refund maybe?

I've nothing against them, just don't want you to becoming a cropper with the law etc :)

Last edited:

I didnt mean you sweety (y)

Sheena (Mrs T Jet) x

no worries what so ever :D at first glance it seemed like you were shunning his suggestions... Im sure mr t jet can forgive you ;)

was probably a good topic to start anyway, im sure it will clear up a lot of confusion with number plates...it did for meanyway

Back