car shot 02.jpg

Stilo NEW Photos of my Stilo after lowering and stuff

Introduction

Hi,

Just had my Stilo 2.4 Abarth lowered, CDA installed and ECU performance remap courtesy of Angel Tuning.

I then hot footed it to MIJ Performance to have a custom back box and tailpipe fitted.

When I have some more time I'll post my feedback.
Thanks guys...

... for the positive feedback. I'm trying to go for a stylish look without being too "Pimp my ride" if you know what I mean. I'm a bit furious right now because despite my O.T.T. approach to careful parking I managed to skuff the NSF alloy about 15 mins ago... aaaargh!

Next stop is to retro-fit a skyroof! (I wish) and power seats (ditto).

Anyhoo, some feedback from the performance tuning... previously the car had to be revved (and held) around 4000 RPM to get the perky response but now it seems to come in around 2000 and never lets up! It really has made a big difference particularly in terms of responsiveness.

The back box was only fitted because a simple tailpipe snip and replace would have stuck out at an angle pointing towards the kurb so I had to replace the rear box too in order to get the pipe pointing downwind. The plus side is it has probably helped a wee bit with performance (not much) but the engine note is a lot deeper and sporty sounding now :)

Andy

Very tasty Stilo matey :yum:

You've got the mix of sporty/subtle just right with it, nothign OTT and everything looks like its meant to be there if you know what I mean :)

looks very nice mate, suttle is always best (y)

what size are the wheels, they look good! Are they the same wheels as the shcumi, they look it :)

Hi,

The wheels are OZ SuperTurismo 18" with 215 x 35 x 18 rubber and yes they are the same as the shcumi wheels except for the fact that they are 18" instead of 17", don't have "Fiat" written in the centre hubs and cost a lot less than the dealer quoted price of 257+vat (supply wheel only).

Cheers

Andy

Attachments

• car shot 03.jpg
    car shot 03.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 62
  • car shot 01.jpg
    car shot 01.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 46
  • car shot 09.jpg
    car shot 09.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 48
  • car shot 06.jpg
    car shot 06.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 47
I could be wrong about the schumi wheel size, but I'm fairly sure they have 17" wheels with 215 x 40 x 17 rubber. Any schumi owners want to take a peek at their wheels to confirm?

The Stilo was lowered by 30mm using Eibach springs.

Cheers

Andy

I'm definately, definately looking at getting a Stilo after seeing this car. So nice.

I know I'd be better off in the Stilo forum but while I'm here, any info on usual technical / mechanical problems with these? I know the mpg is awful but I can deal with that.

Hi Alroy,

Some background info...

I bought the car second hand off EBay in mid January for £4,800.

It's an '03 plate 2.4 Abarth Selespeed and had 36,000 miles. Factory options included full tan leather, CD autochanger, flip metallic paint and 17" alloys.

So far I've discovered the infamous airbag fault warning (wiggle wires under passenger seat to fix), had to replace a broken air-con pipe (known fault), replaced the rear wiper blade and repair the non-working horn. Not too bad I guess, but the one I'm dreading is a gearbox failure which you just know is gonna hurt.

The next thing I'm planning on doing is to paint the brake callipers yellow (everyone does red) which should look good and not spoil the overall look.

Andy

See, it's that price that's tempting me!! So so good.

Might have to wait a while, but I'm very tempted to get one of these when the time comes to get back on the road, I think you could do much worse.

Cheers for the info mate, top top car. (y)

Hi,

Here's some more photos I took this evening...

Attachments

• cem05.jpg
    cem05.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 34
  • cem04.jpg
    cem04.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 31
  • cem03.jpg
    cem03.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 29
  • cem02.jpg
    cem02.jpg