General New parts recommendations for Bravo?

Currently reading:
General New parts recommendations for Bravo?

Fiatsimon72

Looking for injectors for 1.6 16v 2000 Bravo Trofeo....... any suggestions on where I can find patent parts at a reasonable price? Tried nearest scrap dealer but only got 3 in stock and cos I'm thick, can't use multimeter (?) to see if any good!

Ta (y)

new injectors are £50 on ebay, thats a rip off, you can have 10 of them from a scrapyard for that price. using a multimeter is honestly as easy as using a microwave, surely you at least know someone who has one and knows how to use it?

Hi if i was you i wouldnt put 2nd hand injectors in always go for new, if you manage to talk the customer round then recommend a full injector rail when one goes another one always goes soon after saving you a lot of grief i even did this to my own Bravo (you would get the same time in labour and half the effort). if you was to get a new rail best place would be from a Fiat dealer

i've sold dozens of scrapyard injectors, never a single problem yet, i always test them before fitting. there's really no need to buy new injectors imo.

Hi if i was you i wouldnt put 2nd hand injectors in always go for new, if you manage to talk the customer round then recommend a full injector rail when one goes another one always goes soon after saving you a lot of grief i even did this to my own Bravo (you would get the same time in labour and half the effort). if you was to get a new rail best place would be from a Fiat dealer

ehh customer? isnt it a DIY job that he's talking about.

If i went to a fiat dealer no doubt the labour would be the biggest charge, so of course they'd use new parts.

I managed to get 2 fuel rails and inlet manifold with injectors for only £45 including postage from some guy on eBay complete bargain. 7 out of 8 injectors were working perfect. I have had to replace 2 injectors on my 1.6 Brava and I still have not even considered replacing the entire fuel rail, after you have replaced 1 injector, which can be a pain the first time, doing it again takes no longer than 30-45mins. As with most things.. When you have done it once it is easier to do it again. I have never considered even going to a main Fiat dealer for an injector replacement, and that is all thanks to the excellent advice on this forum from the likes of Jug and other very knowledgeable people.

Back