New Panda Euro NCAP Results

Currently reading:
New Panda Euro NCAP Results

jasper

Well it's only got three stars folks....I found this a big dissapointment. It also only has 2 stars for child safety and with a little nipper of my own arriving soon I was a little concerned (although 80% of it's journeys will be made in the Stilo).

I feel a bit better now I have digested the full stat break-down - its fornt impact was actually quite good (it scored the same as the new BMW 5 Series; 10 points - which considering the size and price differential is pretty amazing) The Side impact was about average to above average. So it probably only just missed out on four stars, nevertheless it still missed out. NCAPS first words were the Panda has a strong and stable body.

What was really shocking was when flicking around the site, I went into the Alfa 147 results... it only scored three in front impact. The dummies head actually missed the airbag and struck the dashboard...terrible.

Oh dear exactly I sincerely hope this thread is read by someone at Fiat and that they get a lot of enquiries about it because if they want to return to profit as a company they better start making 4/5 star cars and damned quick, 'cause at the moment safety sells. It's the only thing the new Panda has against it - but now it's a BIG problem...full results www.euroncap.com

I suppose I don't know much about other cars of that size in NCAP but surely that sector standard is 4. It will be interesting what the Renault Modus gets, I assume a 5 but we will see.
Just checked NCAP, it did get a 5, that was quick!

The Panda should be beating something like a Kia and at least on par with a Hyundi. Whoops Fiat....as you say, safety is one of the biggest considerations to people right now.

Just when it looks like Fiat are on to a winner they screw it up...bravo (no pun intended there). Again, you are right, it shoud be beating a Kia and Hyundais there is no reason why it shouldn't have acheived at least four stars. Oh, sorry Fiat there is isn't there? It's called cutting corners..... AGAIN. I'm angry right now but i think I have every reason to be. Fiat aren't responsible for my safety - I beleive in personal risk and not a nanny state. But I also beleive in the year 2004 with a company that has at least 100 years of car making behind them - they could have made it at least above average in the safety stakes....

pinin__prestatyn said:
3 is not bad for a budget motor! older cars say "L" reg Fiesta or a panda would struggle to gain one! I read somewhere a nova would have No stars!

The Sei has half!! and thats only because its got an airbag!
The Cinq magically evaporates into dust if taken into things at much above 45mph I understand!!

There's no excuse really for any new car not to get four stars almost every car that comes out gets that at least. Even the horrible ugly crappy two seater but still more expensive than a punto sh*tboxmobile (sorry I mean the 'smart') manages 4 stars (as does the 99 punto of course).

Couldnt care less, buy a Renault if you want safety...
Anyway, as Steve says it bears little relation to real life, I hit a Cavalier, which hit a Citroen BX, which then hit a Rover 200 in my Cinq. The Cavalier was a write off, really badly bent, and the Citroen was badly damaged, my Cinq was only slightly bent and the bodyshop manager said they were tough little cars in his opinion.
Back to the Panda, and it was I think a well deserved 3 stars only just short of 4.

Also in agreement with Steve, my first thoghts on a new car are looks and performance not safety.

Don't think Ferrari's or similar cars would be that safe considering the speed the are driven at.

Liam

nuovapanda said:
Back to the Panda, and it was I think a well deserved 3 stars only just short of 4.

hmmm remember that when you're taking the escalator to the pearly gates!

BUT... yes steve c is right again, NCAP test cars in a very sterile environment, and are often 'worse case' cars usually hold up much better than predicted due to loads of factors, often drivers take evasive action moments before accidents. Modern car accidents often look much worse than they actually are because the vehicles involved are designed to crumple up and absorb as much of the impact as possible. And if you want real safety buy a tank.. er I mean volvo.

Renault has taken Volvo's safety standards these days, 7+ models with NCAP 5* and the first car ever to reach that standard.

Of course they are in a sterile environment etc. but the fact is, they are still good reflections on safety. Safety is selling these days or so market research suggests.

It's a swindle... Why?.. I will tell you this evening!

They tested a Panda with only one airbag!!!!!

Euroncap is not a free organization, some car gruop finances them!!! For example: Renault group!!! Then they have tested a Modus with dual frontal airbags, side airbags, head-protecting airbag!!!

With a fully safety equipment Panda would have had 4-5 stars!!!!

Euroncap = s h i t!

Now I have to go..

Last edited:
Firstly is the comment that Renault pay NCAP supported by anything?

Oh and according to NCAP, the panda they were supplied with came without a passenger airbag, who is to blame?!

Back