Technical New Panda Eco, Sat Nav, ipod connection

Currently reading:
Technical New Panda Eco, Sat Nav, ipod connection

Patti

Hi,

I picked up my new Panda Eco last week and I am really pleased with it. The only disapointment is that it does not have a power source for charging a satnav etc. Having looked at all the aternatives I think the best way of resolving this would be to change the radio cd player with a model that has a usb port (you can charge the satnav via this) and an input to plug in the ipod and other techie stuff. I have seen a JVC at Halfords for £99.99 + £20 to install. This would probably work out cheaper than getting the cigarette lighter and ipod adapter from Fiat.

Can anyone see any problems with going this route? I wonder if it can be as simple to do as it seems!

Input welcome.

Hi,

I picked up my new Panda Eco last week and I am really pleased with it. The only disapointment is that it does not have a power source for charging a satnav etc. Having looked at all the aternatives I think the best way of resolving this would be to change the radio cd player with a model that has a usb port (you can charge the satnav via this) and an input to plug in the ipod and other techie stuff. I have seen a JVC at Halfords for £99.99 + £20 to install. This would probably work out cheaper than getting the cigarette lighter and ipod adapter from Fiat.

Can anyone see any problems with going this route? I wonder if it can be as simple to do as it seems!

Input welcome.

2 snags - I had a Sony fitted at Halfords:

1) you will also need a facia adaptor
2) you will need to teach the spotty oik how to undo an allen bolt deep down in the dashboard to remove the old cage, they will need a LONG key and a ring spanner to put over the end to gain leverage to slacken the bolt - been there, done that, now wearing the teeshirt !

Trev

Also make sure that they don't cross wire the power and short out all your rear lights (as happened to me the one and only time i allowed them to fit anything).

I changed my factory fitted unit for a Pioneer and used the shelf in the facia adapter to mount additional sockets for use with phone, sat nav etc.

this is the way i did mine :

https://www.fiatforum.com/panda/209989-extra-accessory-power-points.html

Mmmmm, thanks for your replys. Now I'm not sure what to do. Anyone know a good car electrician in the Honiton/Exeter area? Some one like the guy out of Pimp my Ride would be good! Nothings simple. Will have to give it some more thought.

Cheers

Back