General New Panda - Best City Car 1.3 Multijet

Currently reading:
General New Panda - Best City Car 1.3 Multijet

MHRAR

Member 134
In June 2007, Auto Express gave their Best City Car award to the Fiat Panda 1.3 Multijet.

Interestingly, they also said that the 1.3 Multijet was also the most economical car they had ever tested in their 'real world' tests.

On a slightly different take, they compared 'official' published fuel consumption figures to their own 'real world' testing and show the variance in a table. (The 1.2 petrol Panda is also included)

I am attaching a copy of this page with acknowledgements to Auto Express.

Attachments

• Panda 1.3 Multijet Auto Express 0607.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 158
I think its all a little subjective...

the official figures are done in a controlled manner and replicated for each car..

a road test by any indevidual will always be different..

Look at the MPG thread thats running.. some are getting 70mpg some are not.. depends on so many factors.. driving style the major one... but its good to see how the reality stacks up...

I wonder how my old Audi would stack up in the test...:D :eek: :bang:

Well, am not surprise. But I have came close to hitting the 4.6 for extra urban driving. I managed 4.7... not bad considering I was going @ 110km/h, aircon, passenger and lugage!!! :)

It was listed as number 5 in the sun motors pages on friday, howaever if you look at the figures the top two were the same as were the next two so really number 3 most economical cars a'int too bad.

I am really pleased with mine now i have it back from the garage after the EGR valve packed up. I am getting 62 MPG ave. even manager 64.7 one morning on the way to work.

I would recomend the car to anyone and i often do. Its so much fun too.

Back