General New Panda 4x4 tyre

Currently reading:
General New Panda 4x4 tyre

rinsor

I have to replace 2 front tyres on my 05 4x4 climbing and cannot get the original tyres Bridgestone Dueler Ht 684 size 185/65/14. Apparently Bridgestone have ceased production of these for some time. Does anyone know what is now fitted to new 4x4's? Or have they an alternative? Or know where I can source them?
Thanks
Peter

I have to replace 2 front tyres on my 05 4x4 climbing and cannot get the original tyres Bridgestone Dueler Ht 684 size 185/65/14. Apparently Bridgestone have ceased production of these for some time. Does anyone know what is now fitted to new 4x4's? Or have they an alternative? Or know where I can source them?
Thanks
Peter

They come either with yours (Br. Dueler) or, as in my case with Pirelli 190 Snowcontrol, which is a better alternative. IMO.

I'm running my 4x4 on a set of Hankook Centum 720s from
http://www.mytyres.co.uk
which I'm very happy with. However if you search the size under all-season tyres on this site you will find plenty of alternatives. I think the Vredestein Quatrac 2 also looks a good tyre.
By the way, on a 4x4 you should be moving your tyres round every 6000 miles to even out the wear or you may damage the viscous coupling due to running tyres with slightly different diameters. I know you're not doing this cos you only need to replace the fronts, not a full set.

Event mobile tyres have them (if they cover your area ) - and I also need two fronts...but not because they haven't been rotated ( which they haven't) but because the tracking is so badly out they are worn on both inside edges. I think I've read this is a fault that affects lots of pandas but the dealer didn't want to know....

I too have been told that Bridgestone have stopped the 4x4 tyres in 'Panda size'. Maybe that's why the new ones I've seen have all had Pirelli tyres -- I believe here (in the UK) they fit Pirelli 2500 Winter tyres (the Bridgestones were all season tyres with M+S markings, not Winter-only). I believe Winter tyres wear faster (as they are softer) and only give their best grip when cold (less than 8 Celcius). Pete

No 185/65 R14T Bridgestone Dueler HT 684s listed anywhere now so unless the dealers have a few in stock an alternative will be needed, not that the Bridgestones were anything great in the first place.
Pirelli P2500 tyres are M+S marked all-season tyres, like the Bridgestones. I avoided them because of generally poor test results for Pirelli in tyre tests recently.

Back