Technical New owner multipla woes

Currently reading:
Technical New owner multipla woes

Cheers malnik, but no its not the spring :(
Its the pressure plate!!! (shock horror) Theres a bleeding hole worn thru it by the effing thrust bearing!!! But since ive got that new flywheel from ebay(£130) :D i fitted that and the new fiat clutch kit. Sofar its taken me 8 days to take the blooming thing apart and only 1 day to get it back together :slayer:

Emmm,,just one question...How the hell do you bleed the clutch on this multipla? I can see the bleed nipple but it appears to be a solid part?
Please my good good fiat buddies,, any ideas anyone so i can put this beaatch back together again and finaly move on with my life :confused:

:):eek:;):p:rolleyes:(y)(y):rolleyes::slayer::worship:
Hurrah hurrah ......Wow i've actualy done it at long bleedin last !!!
I turned the key and she went like a dream.
Went for a run and the gears were fab!! Errr and then an engine warning light came up :confused: Hopefully its just a plug of some sort that i forgot to put back?
Hopefully.
by for nooo.

Gee hi again folks :)
Ahhaa....i found the problem..... i never put jubilee clips on the pipe that goes from the oil cooler to the injection system!! and after 5 miles it came loose! So no air supply to said injection system:(

But now after (ahem) borrowing 2 from work, its going like a dream :)
Apart from the fact its a bit of a slug:confused: Lord it struggles to get round the rev range. Would a fuel and oil filter change pepp it up any? And while im at it, how about a set of ...oh what are they again??? diesel heaters:confused: ohh thingies?
Anyone know what i mean ?coz i dont (y)
ps its a 115bhp version

Well done for doing that.....better man than i
As for PM...i assume you Private Message. Its away of communicating...in secret!
Mal

Cheers Malnic :) While your at it....how does your multipla drive? Is it lively, or like mine (Couldnt pull skin from rice pudding).
Its done 99000 miles but i feel that theres something missing?
My wife disna want to give up her td rover25; which is much speedier but also a tad rusty (another job to fix(n))(Mr diy).

Hey T14086....I take it when you say "PM "you mean that i should start a new thread? Im a forum virgin....sorry:confused: Please forgive me , im just a teuchter fay the hills and moors of caithness...(I still have a tape player in my alfasud !!)

Hey T14086....I take it when you say "PM "you mean that i should start a new thread? Im a forum virgin....sorry:confused: Please forgive me , im just a teuchter fay the hills and moors of caithness...(I still have a tape player in my alfasud !!)

No.....keep it all on the forum insteard of swopping info by PM,plus some members here get pestered by people asking for advice by PM....why? its a forum to help us all(y)

(p.s.I got tape deck aswell:eek:)

Any way we had nothing to loose at this point so slammed it into 4th with the engine off started it up and burned the fecker till it fitted :slayer:way.[/quote]

Sorry to have edited you post, but that phrase glows in the dark (bit like your clutch?). Oh the good old days; delicate smell of burning cork off a bike clutch that just won't grip:devil:

Well done Stromasud! An amighty feat! Your 115 JTD should be very lively and pull very strongly from 1500rpm right to the red line (approx 4800rpm in my Multi). If not then your probably looking at Mass Air Flow Sensor (disconnect it and see it runs better) or EGR valve choked up/inop or something else I don't know about but these are the most common. A good service would be a good start me thinks!

Well Mr Mad Scotsman....Our Multipla goes well. Its got plenty of poke. Overtaking and hills is no problem...i travel 80 motorway miles to work and 80 back some days, all motorway and i cruise easily at indicated 90, which is according to my sat nav is 85mph.
You're not havin much luck are you.....

Mal and the wife Nika...hence malnik

Gee, Shucks...
Thanks guys ...The car's seems to be going great now i've fixed the air intake hose back on with a jubilee clip :) Even the wife seems to like it now (She hated it before i fixed it.."Slow and ugly" she said. Hurtfull cow! (I hope she dusna read this) :(.
Anyway , even her clients seem to like it (no she's not a prozzie)
So now i've got some new filters for her and will change them at the weekend.
Thanks again everybody, your all such sweet sweet people. :slayer:
Even the English amongst you.....ho,ho,ho :)
Tarra.

Back