Grande Punto New member

Currently reading:
Grande Punto New member

Poon Toe

Hey folks, just joined the forum :)
My son has just turned 17 & is desperate to get through his test & out on the open road so I have bought him a 2008 Fiat Grande Punto GP to get looking smart & ready for him when he finally passes. Unfortunately I am discovering as I go along that it has a whole catalogue of faults so this place is going to be invaluable & I would like to thank you all in advance for any help that you may provide either directly or indirectly from old posts 🍻

Thanks for the welcome :)
It's the 1.4 8v engine & yes, the first job I did on it was the heater resistor.
There are also one or two of the rear lights not working but hopefully that's just bulbs, I haven't got around to checking that yet.
Would the BOING be springs by any chance? If so, I'm used to that having owned several Mondeo's, they eat springs for breakfast!!

Ive had mondeo springs fail too.

The FIATs dont seem too bad for that..

Its the bearing between spring and inner wing.. it is fitted DRY.. so UK climate corrodes it.. the spring then twists ( as the steering turns the bottom while the top is held) then it all swings around and the tension is released..hence the BOING

REAR LAMPS.. the pins on the cable plug..as it connects to the taillamp bulb holder can get crusty..

Unplug.. lightly scuff the faces of the pins..

Replug.. check by putting on Tail lamps and Hazards

If the red flickers..or flashes.. the earth connection is still patchy :-(

Back