500L New Member

Currently reading:
500L New Member

dirtboxden

hi all

im den i have a 2014 500L that has a few little issues, so i got the MulitecuScan system set up and with your vast knowledge i hope to save myself some serious money :slayer:

thanks

Nooooooooooooooo. dont say that, its not arrived yet, i got it off ebay for £15 im hoping it will be here tomorrow

iv got the software and the elm box, just waiting for the yellow adaptor to arrive

Last edited:
Nooooooooooooooo. dont say that, its not arrived yet, i got it off ebay for £15 im hoping it will be here tomorrow

iv got the software and the elm box, just waiting for the yellow adaptor to arrive

Oh, oops!

Some Chinese ELM 327 clones have an extra resistor which prevents them working with Fiats. If yours turns out to have that issue, send it back and try this one - it def works with an Abarth 500 at least:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133704453455

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
now iv had a closer look the elm box i bought is 100% a Chinese clone and will probably be no good,:bang:
thankfully i bought a cheap second hand ELM327 for £6, not because im tight but i wanted to test it and make sure it all worked before i purchased a more expensive kit

iv had a look on the multiecuscan forum and they have detailed posts about this issue and removing the resistor but if i cant get it to work i will buy the kit youv suggested above

and the yellow cable that comes with that kit worked fine also ?

Last edited:
well i got the £6 ELM 327 from ebay arrive and as you said it didnt work but once i popped off the 120 resistor it worked a treat, its very easy to get the cheap readers working and it worked great with Multiecuscan 4.7,

Back