New Job!

Currently reading:
New Job!

Some of you may know Ive been an apprentice for the last 3 years and ive had some rough times (company messing me around with NVQ courses and college, collegues bullying and giving me slave work ect.)
After copious hours of searching I found the new job Ive been looking for! A Trainee CAD (Computer Aided Design) Technition for a Civil Engineering company called Waldeck Engineering!
3 years of corporate on job training and a Lv4 qualification in CAD and a Lv3 in Civil Engineering!
First years pay is a small drop on what I earn at the moment, but it shoots up after that!

The reason for this thread is I have a few questions I want to ask anyone whos in the Civil Engineering trade or knows about CAD environments

1. Whats a CAD/CE environment like to work in? Is it a standard office job, working alone long hours ect, or will it be working as a team and collaborating?

2. Is it worth me buying a high-spec desktop and a copy of AutoDesk and learning off my own back aswell as at work?

3. Anyone had any decent experience with AutoDesk/AutoCad and/or Revvit? (Ive only ever used SolidWorks at college on £11k mega spec PCs that can run 1080p simulations at 200fps+)

Last day of current job is today.. Guess what.... Ive got to buy the doughnuts (n)

Tom

Back