500 New (ish) owner of 500 s still confused after a year!

Currently reading:
500 New (ish) owner of 500 s still confused after a year!

Geekchic36

Hi been reading through this forum since I bought it last year but first time I've posted. No real complaints really but since this is the first car I've had in years ( stopped driving years ago...old car was an n reg fiesta diesel...) I never got a manual with my 2015 500 s, so have had to Google pretty much any query I've had! One issue I have is I struggle to fish my seatbelt out from the side of the seat and I'm hardly hanging over the seats size wise! And also the fact that my indicators tend to not work occasionally they ping off and I have to repeat til they stay on lol I've spent over £1500 on repairs on it but it's the car I've wanted to get for years and finally scraped enough cash together to buy one. Anyway sorry for ranting in a long winded way of saying hello and thanks for the help!

Hi & welcome!
This is the first port of call for 500 advice so don’t be shy ☺️
Seatbelt fishing? Is it retracting properly?
As for the indicators I know what you mean … roundabouts… if I click em on too early they can ping off early and I end up clicking em back on!

Not sure if that is an issue or probably driving style
As for repairs…. I’ve lost count now on how much I’ve spent on my car … she was 8 when I bought her and very low miles not that the miles mattered I think she had been abused 🙈
But she’s my pride & joy so not bothered though I took the do it yourself approach and probably saved as much as I’ve spent!

And learned a thing or two on the way!

It is but for some reason the clip part is always down the bottom lol I'm just unlucky I suppose, I tried 4 times sitting at traffic lights keeping my indicators on to turn right gave up in the end, mind you most people in my area don't know what indicators do anyway lol 😂

It is but for some reason the clip part is always down the bottom
Is it possible you've lost the 'button' that prevents the clip sliding right down the belt when retracted?

Attachments

• DSCN6061.jpg
    DSCN6061.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 26
Yes it is. It's a 30 second job. The things can be bought in packs of 10 on ebay for a couple of quid. They come in two parts, push one part through the hole in the belt where the original was and push the other one on the other side. Compress with a pair of pliers to squeeze together, job done.

Yes it is. It's a 30 second job. The things can be bought in packs of 10 on ebay for a couple of quid. They come in two parts, push one part through the hole in the belt where the original was and push the other one on the other side. Compress with a pair of pliers to squeeze together, job done.
Ordered some thanks very much I feel a right idiot since it's something so easy lol

Back