Currently reading:
New HU is here!

Lead

Woohoo! \o/ :D

Just called the shop, my new head unit is in. [8D]

/me grabs keys, jumps into car and then realises he hasn't got dressed yet :I

2003 Stilo 1.6 Dynamic

Got one of these: http://www.car-electronics.co.uk/Clarion/itm00127.htm

Last years model, replaced by the DXZ938R this year. To all intents and purposes exactly the same head unit, just a different colour/finish to the front and mine for the bargain price of £250! :D

Tell ya what, I'll just nip outside and take a piccy [:eek:)]

As for installation, well, it was fun,sort of...:I

I couldn't get the damn thing to work! [:(!]

All hooked up and nothing. Checked fuses - ok. Checked connections - good. So I looked a little closer at the connection blocks - perm live, switch live, ground. Hang on. They're all in the wrong place! AAARRGGGHHH!

Fiat, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to wire their units slightly differently, just to annoy the feck out of us [:(!]

Simple case of swapping a few bullet connectors and hey presto. We have lift off!

It then took me the best part of an hour to work out how to adjust the bass/treble/fade/balance. You have to have a particular combination of settings to release the options, what with Dolby, EQ and stuff. I hate reading manuals, but in this case it's going to be a necessity. :I

But the most important thing is I got my iPod working through it. \o/ [8D] 20Gb of tunes, wahey!

2003 Stilo 1.6 Dynamic

ICE_1.jpg

ICE_2.jpg

I think the centre console would look better if the custom facia were titanium look, or carbon fibre maybe...[?]

2003 Stilo 1.6 Dynamic

Ooooh you flash git, looks nice mate

"The Not so Fast but Furious"
Who cares about my post count - it's all about quality not quantity!!
(at least thats what i tell myself anyway)

My g/f nearly pee'd herself laughing when I touched the open button and it unfolded. Pfft. Women!;)

2003 Stilo 1.6 Dynamic

the adapter actually looks quite good - i wondered how it would look coz the standard headunit is HUUUUGE - and it certainly is one mental looking headunit!

SEI POWER
The NOS Guzzler with more posts than you - - is Donz

Back