General New headunit + possible signal strength solution

Currently reading:
General New headunit + possible signal strength solution

Hi All

Just fitted a new head unit to my Stilo- a Kenwood 6527. Got it from Halfords for £120 so cant grumble! Replaces my old kenwood 4024 unit. Pics are below.

As regards to radio signal strength, over a week I lost all signals totally, couldnt even get any BBC stations, so started my fault finding hunt, Thinking it was the kenwood head unit getting aged.

When I removed the head unit and took off the aerial lead (from the ISO-JASO adaptor) the pin from inside the stilo lead plug had broken off. Tried a couple of quik fixes and nothing worked. Then I bit the bullet and cut off the Fiat ISO aerial plug, and then fitted a JASO jack to a piece of aerial cable, which was then soldered to the stilo lead (making sure the metal in the centres were soldered , then taping this up around the white inner insulator, before putting the copper back in place and taping the whole lot up with insulation tape), and hey presto worked a treat!

In fact never had such good signal strength in the Stilo- or any car!

The only downfall is I have to undo my doings if the factory unit has to go back in, and get a fiat lead plug- but her, i'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

Anyways wanted a new headunit- had some cash burning a hole, and the right deal came along. Fitted it myself though as the guys in halfords seemed either Chavs or donuts.

My New kenwood

Attachments

• Image(141).jpg
    Image(141).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 345
  • Image(142).jpg
    Image(142).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Image(143).jpg
    Image(143).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 313
Did the badge thing last July, and everyone who saw it afterwards said it looked s**t.

Well I liked it but was going off it a bit. Just broke the bland-ness!

As for the radio- working sweet as a nut- getting alsorts of wierd and wonderful local radio stations and traffic reports in the morning!

Still get signal drop outs, but thats FM for you!

i thot it looks nice i was gona do it with my active sport badge but neva got round to it :p myt do now though:idea:

Big Black Stilo said:
Did the badge thing last July, and everyone who saw it afterwards said it looked s**t.

Well I liked it but was going off it a bit. Just broke the bland-ness!

As for the radio- working sweet as a nut- getting alsorts of wierd and wonderful local radio stations and traffic reports in the morning!

Still get signal drop outs, but thats FM for you!

i have the same surround and after seeing yours am tempted to do the same, as am about to take it off the boot. think you might start a trend with that pic lol (y)

Back