Styling New Head Unit Punto MK2

Currently reading:
Styling New Head Unit Punto MK2

mannionmax

Hi, I am about to buy a mk2 punto and I want to put in my kenwood head unit. I have already bought the fascia adaptor. Will all the leads from the punto stereo fit into my head unit or will i need a iso connector?

the leads on the back are all iso ones so should fit. there wil be a set of multi colored blocks that you dont plug in just leave them loose. they are only so the car computer can check teh code of the official stereo. the only thing you may need is an arial adaptor just depending if the connectors are diferent, they are nomrally ok. but i know someone had to buy one once.

the only thing you may find is that the stereo doesnt turn off and on with ignition. but you can sort that.

i assume you car is mk2 not the mk2 b.

I dunno if the mk2 is the same but on my mk2b I had to splice the continuous and switching lives together on my Kenwood ISO so that it would actually power up.

The only thing this means is it doesnt switch off with the ignition so I either have to switch it off or take the face plate off, on the up shot it means I never forget to take the face plate off when leaving the car ;)

Well its alright for some isnt it :shakehead lol

Mine only took 15 minutes to rewire, would have been 5 minutes but I managed to rip one of the pins out of my ISO so had to bodge that back together :eek:

Back