Technical New head gasket, now it wont run

Currently reading:
Technical New head gasket, now it wont run

satgav

hey guys first time posting and I'm stuck :(

Recently brought a 2002 Punto for my first car. I knew the head gasket had to be changed so I did just that, after it was all back together I started her up and she ran fine.... for 20 minutes, then she died. Had just brought a new battery because the old one was flat. so tried to start it again 3 hours later because I thought I may have flooded it, but still nothing :( and now when i turn the ignition on the fuse box makes a clicking noise which is loud and continuous. And she still wont start. Turns over fine
Can anyone help? :confused: Thanks

will try and get some time to look at the spark plugs and the timing belt. What the the TDC sensor look like?

ahh okay the crankshaft sensor? what could be wrong with that?

i assume you took head off rather than lifted it up to slide a new gasket in
therefore check all electrical connections from ecu to crank sensor to coils etc
obviously somethings worked loose
calm down keep clear headed
look tomorrow
doubt timings jumped unless idler wheel very slack and it jumped when injun turned off
anyway you would hear it back firing

Yeah I took the inlet and exhaust manifolds off, then cleaned off the head and block to see if there was any damage

There are no really foolproof tests of the sensor itself -- as I say, if no spark (remove spark plug and lay on cylinder head, look for spark) and the plugs don't stink of unburnt petrol after cranking, that's what it'll be. It's at about 3 o clock to the alternator pulley on the crankshaft.

Last edited:
Back