Styling new front grille

Currently reading:
Styling new front grille

neilsafc

<font face="Andale Mono"></font id="Andale Mono"><font face="Andale Mono"></font id="Andale Mono"><font face="Andale Mono"></font id="Andale Mono">im looking for a new front grille for my stilo, i seen one on www.fastfiat.com a metal one and might go with that but with my stilo being orien grey i would prefer a black one with the manufacturers name on not fiat (if you understand what i mean)
Many thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

There are some other grilles available. Try www.tuningshop.co.uk and also www.ffwdmotorsport.co.uk. Personally I like the chromed grille of the 5 door Stilo and I think it will go nicely on my 3 door.

Fiar Stilo Abarth 3dr. Loden Green, Beige Leather, Sky Window, Cold Climate Pack, 17" Alloys, CD Changer. Anticipated Delivery Mid June.

I like the look of the Rieger Mesh Grille. But £123 ?! [:0] Anyone got a better picture? The one on the webbeh is a bit crap. ;)

2003 Stilo 1.6 Dynamic

I emailed http://www.merkur-tuning.de and asked about http://www.merkur-tuning.de/stilo/stilo_images/stilo_4.jpg grille.

It comes in black, ready to paint. They are happy to ship to the UK, but I am waiting to find out how much. The grille itself is 109Euros ~ £75.50

stilo_4.jpg
pretty sweet looking just a pity allthe stuff they do for the sei is pants or i'd get summin too and we could save on shipping

SEI POWER

NOS Guzzlers are just lower beings :D

They still haven't replied to my email. One of my mates is going out with a German girl, so I may ask her to telephone them for me :)

Just got a reply:

Hi Craig,
shipping to U.K. for the touring grille is 15,-- Euros. You can order by email or fax. +49 9571 5008.
Please send us the VISA no and expire.
best regards
Richard
MERKUR GmbH

So 124 Euro = £86ish

Not too sure on sending card details in an email though [:0]

It came today!

badgeless-grille.jpg

It took all of five minutes to fit. The grille is held in by tabs, sort of like barbs. About 4 or 5 along the top and bottom. I carefully pulled the top edge, with my heart pounding. Scared I would snap something. Then crack! It was free. Then you do the same for the bottom edge. But you can just about get your hands underneath to give the tabs a helping hand from the other side.

I did snap one of the tabs, but I'm not bothered. I'll just have to find space at the back of my shed to store it. Maybe the attic...

Apart from the badges on the wheels. But I have ordered some Abarth Scorpions for them :D and a Scorpion Tax Disc holder too ;)

hi @ all!

i changed my front grille about 2 weeks ago.
first i ask for the 5-door-stilo grille, but they wanted 90 € plus fitting! [:(!]
so i gave the grille away to get it back carcoloured (jet-blue). a friend of mine has done it at work.
it cost me 35€ and looks better then the expensive one...

bye, german_girl

ps: sorry for my english...;)

Forgot to mention, the new grille is alot better made than the Fiat one it replaces. It's more substantial.

Looking at those pictures one thing creeps into my mind:
DAMN I wish I'd got the 3 door.:(

Any of you who have replaced your front grilles fancy selling me your old one. A big stone from a lorry has taken a lump out of my standard 3-door grille and Fiat want a stupid amount of money for a new one.[:(!]

Post a reply or email me at "[email protected]" if you can help.

Cheers

Roja

I'm tempted. How much do Fiat want? Then again, I may need it some time in the future myself. Decisions, decisions...

New grille's only twenty quid without the badge and I can use the badge of the busted one.

Save you making that decision!!!

:p

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth

Is the 5-d grille with the chrome front still available to order as a replacement? Guess it would look really neat together with the chrome-shadows alloys.

Abarth 3d Black Moire + 17" + cdc + "718" + Sebring TS4

Didn't know there was a chrome grill. Think it might be a bit much on a silver car though. Would look sharp on black....

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth

*bump* this thread has gotten too old :D

Just got my new front grille from Merkur. It's VERY tough, elastic plastic (pvc/abs?) which is probably very hard to break. Unlike some car masks made of hard plastic.

Gotta install it next weekend. Removal of the old one probably isn't too easy. Those studs look tough.

I snapped a picture of it for fun :)

mask.jpg

Stilo'04, Loden Green, 17" alloys, 8spkr "hifi" system.

Back