General New Fiat Stilo Schumacher Limited Edition

Currently reading:
General New Fiat Stilo Schumacher Limited Edition

That's one nice stilo. I think that schumee is a gimp but you can't deny he is GOOD at what he does and that's putting it lightly.
Rumour has it He was the owneer of the first Fiat coupe LE (#001)
Though he has never confirmed this.

FAO Ozric-Al

Yes, you are right in a way but I own a Stilo and I've owned a string of FIATs prior to this one.

I've had this car for 18 months now so I'll respond to your comments by making a long term owners report.

For starters it isn't a shed, in fact it's the best build quality I've seen in a FIAT to date, 18 months on, no rattles, knock or shakes and the plastics are nice, nicer than a 147 I recently hired!

The ride is now superb, thanks to a bit of lowering which was an inexpensive mod but made a terrific difference.

Reliability has been 100%, the engine is ok, but I wish I'd have bought a JTD and the gearbox is silky smooth.

I have the three door and I like it's aggresive looks, I agree the five door is ugly, but I think my car looks better than the current Focus or Astra and because the Stilo sold in low volumes, it has a certain amount of individuality too! But I do understand your gripes on the styling and this is proven, the public haven't warmed to it here and suprisingly, I just spent two weeks in Italy and never saw many on the roads there, so if the Italians don't like this car, then it's doomed!

It has a lot of nice toys as you say, but these days they are standard expectations from any motorist anyway.

Well that's about as much as I can say about it really, but there are many bargains to be had out there and until you've lived with a Stilo for a while you can't really comment. There are many aftermarket accesories now for the three door which mean you can personalise them and they look pretty nice with a kit on, how can you not fall in love with it's high shoulders? I think that FIAT have been daring, who else would have put a car with with this look on the market..................................along with the Multipla?

Cheers guys!

Nice reply TwinCamms. :)

I must also admit that despite having a Bravo, when they first came out I didn't really take to the Bravo and preferred the Brava. However, looking around last year for a treat I just couldn't resist the haunched look of the Bravo HGT (which I have to say they have carried over to the Stilo which I think you'll agree, judging by your post - shame they ruined it with Lexus Lights and a fat arse! :().

It's funny how it works because when the Stilo first came out I nearly cried to see what they had done but must admit that the 3-door is (very) slowly growing on me a little.

As for the shed comment, as I say it's a bit harsh. Unfortunately, the 5-door that I had was pretty poor. The rear door handles were both falling to pieces (one of which even came off in my hand! :() and when I went to hang a couple of shirts on the rear (interior) handles one of them fell off as well. The interior trim was creaking and the bloody "Oil OK" message was constantly flashing on the dash.

As I said though, there are bad examples of all types of car and I agree that the 3-door Stilo is still better looking than most of it's competitors. However, given the choice I would go for the 147 or a Leon but maybe that's because when it comes to cars I am totally shallow. ;)

It's all academic though really as I don't intend to ever get rid of the Bravo! :)

Glad you liked it!

The three door really grows on you, to the point that when you walk away from it at car parks or your drive etc, you keep looking back at it, a little embarrassing really!

The first models 51 - 02 plates had lots of teething and build quality issues, I think FIAT rushed the launch date by about six months but all the fixes were made from the 03 models onwards and more improvements were made to the 04 second edition models.

I take on your comment about the 147, yes, I'd have one over the Stilo, but they are so damned expensive both new and used that I had to forget that idea! The LEON, I went to test drive one and I gave it a full internal, external and build quality inspection and it was second rate, it's no VW that's for sure!

I reckon you should swap your Bravo for a Stilo JTD or an Abarth, trust me, you'll never look back, fat arse or no fat arse!

There's nothing wrong with fat arses my wife has one, er sorry meant to say the new Megane has about the fatest you can get - and apart from the Stilo it's the best looking small hatch out there (except for the 147 which can't be beat for styling) IMO

I already do that "looking back" thing with Shabash!. :) Just can't help myself and take a lot of ribbing from my mates especially as I can't seem to stop saying "pretty car" as I'm walking away. :rolleyes: LOL!

I just can't see me swapping TBH. I'm sure I'd like either of those eventually and if I ever ended up with the JTD it would be straight over to Nige for an Angeltune. ;)

The Bravo HGT in Broom Yellow is a future classic (still miss my Arancio Racing Orange 127 Sport which should be rated as a classic now) and if I can i'm going to keep mine for a VERY long time. :) She's lurrrrvely! ;)

Back