General New Fiat Stilo Schumacher Limited Edition

Currently reading:
General New Fiat Stilo Schumacher Limited Edition

Here is Fiats press release;

PREVIEW FOR THE MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FIAT STILO

The Michael Schumacher Fiat Stilo special series, which will make its debut at the Paris Motor Show with the market launch at the end of October, will be the star of numerous initiatives during the week leading up to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza on September 12, 2004. Just one of the ways Fiat intends to celebrate Michael Schumacher’s seventh F1 World Championship victory and also the fifth consecutive triumph for Ferrari.

The first appointment will be the ‘Solidarity Grand Prix’, a football match between the Racing Drivers and Zelig/Smemoranda TV Show teams at Monza’s Brianteo stadium. Scheduled for Wednesday, September 8 at 8.30 p.m., this solidarity event will see Michael Schumacher in the dual role of player on the Racing Drivers’ team and ambassador for UNESCO. Before the game a special series car will be donated to the ONLUS World Racing Drivers’ Association that, in turn, will hand it over to UNESCO.

A second event has been scheduled for Thursday, September 9. In the morning the special series limited edition car will be a guest at the Open Grand Prix golf event to be held at Monza Golf Club. Then in the evening the Michael Schumacher Fiat Stilo will again be in the limelight, first, on exhibition at Atahotels in Milan where the gala dinner for the Golf Open Grand Prix will be held, and later, at ‘Old Fashion’, the trendy Milan club that will host an exclusive party.

Celebrations featuring the Fiat Stilo will then continue during the weekend. On Friday 10 and Saturday 11 – on the occasion of the ‘Monza più’ festival and in conjunction with Rinascente – two Fiat Stilo ‘Michael Schumacher’ cars will be on show in two of the Lombardy town’s piazzas. In addition, three special series and the entire Stilo range will be shown at a dedicated stand at the circuit during the Italian Grand Prix on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12.

Simultaneously these events will also see the launch of a ‘Win the new Stilo Michael Schumacher’ competition. Spectators at the ‘Solidarity Grand Prix’, guests at the party at Milan’s ‘Old Fashion’ and people attending ‘Monza più’ will be able to participate by merely filling in a reply coupon. And the prize? Obviously, the Michael Schumacher Fiat Stilo number 0001.

About 3,500 units will be produced of this gutsy M. Schumacher Fiat Stilo limited edition, equipped with either the powerful 170 bhp, 2.4 20-valve petrol engine or a 140 bhp, 1.9 16-valve Multijet unit. A 3-door model, this new car has a really exclusive, aggressive look thanks to its special 17” alloy wheels and the Zender kit, which comprises front and rear bumpers, skirts and rear spoiler all in the same colour as the body. The special ‘Racing Red’ body colour also contributes to the car’s sporty look, emphasised by the ‘Michael Schumacher’ logo on the rear-section skirts and hatch, while a plaque located on the facia will indicate the car number.

This same sporting vocation is confirmed inside the cabin by the competition-style pedal set and heel rest, and leather trim on the steering wheel and gearlever knob. Standard equipment on the Michael Schumacher Fiat Stilo includes window-bags and the ESP system, in addition to a two-zone automatic climatiser, Hi-Fi unit with CD player (including MP 3 files) and radio controls on the steering wheel. Lastly, the ‘Michael Schumacher’ special series is also fitted with a very large sky window as standard.

Turin, September 8, 2004

Well, it's not as if Fiat needed to give me yet another reason not to "upgrade" to a Stilo but putting that cheating Ba**ards name on one makes it even more unlikely.

But then again, if it helps turn Fiats fortunes around so that they can finally see the light and make an attractive successor to the Bravo/a let's trade on his name just a little longer. :)

Steve C said:
Now that's just b*ll****. Scumacher is the greatest F1 driver that has ever lived. Full stop. :)
Totally agree Steve but he is, was and will always be a cheating Bastard in the eyes of every true Brit IMHO. :)

lol whats with this guy

Attachments

• stilo.JPG
    stilo.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 177
That guy Sammi's highlighted looks like a right Dingbat!! - anyway Steve, do you know if any of these special editions are coming to the UK - or are they Mainland Europe only?

Ozric-Al said:
always be a cheating Bastard in the eyes of every true Brit IMHO. :)

Finally someone who shares my opinion of 'him' on this forum!!!

How stupid does it sound, 'Michael Schumacher Fiat Stilo' ????? I mean people are gonna think your a total w***er if you say youve got one of those :confused:

I love Fiat Stilos, but not this one

wolfracepunto said:
Finally someone who shares my opinion of 'him' on this forum!!!

How stupid does it sound, 'Michael Schumacher Fiat Stilo' ????? I mean people are gonna think your a total w***er if you say youve got one of those :confused:

I love Fiat Stilos, but not this one

Apart from the last line (liking, that is) I can see you are a discerning Gentleman. ;) LOL!

This toy-car is for the Italian Market only of course: for the Ferrari's tifosi obviously.

Ah, thats the kit I missed on eBay the other week, D'oh :mad:

Oh, and why oh why, do some owners of older Fiats feel the need to constantly criticise Fiat's latest offering? Ozric-Al isn't the only one I've noted doing this, its as if they feel the need to be all defensive about their model being replaced.

Aren't we all supposed to be Fiat fans under the general umberella? No need for inter model competetion ;)

James M said:
Oh and why oh why, do some owners of older Fiats feel the need to constantly criticise Fiat's latest offering? Ozric-Al isn't the only one I've noted doing this, its as if they feel the need to be all defensive about their model being replaced.

Aren't we all supposed to be Fiat fans under the general umberella? No need for inter model competetion ;)
James, it's not a case of having a pop and it's certainly not me being "defensive about my model being replaced". I have owned many Fiats and am a huge fan of the brand as my devotion to it will testify. Having owned my HGT for 2 years now I just can't see any reason to "upgrade" to the German-designed looks of the Stilo which is, IMHO a complete cop-out by Fiat.

No doubt for those who like the car this could seem harsh but the fact remains that Fiat discontinued a genuinely Italian inspired design and got a German to do the new model. In my experience this has resulted in a car that looks like many German hatches available today with a bit of Japanese tat thrown in at the back for good measure (God I hate Lexus-style lights!!!). It seems that fiat thought that people would be convinced of their recent improvements in build quality if they made their cars look like a cross between these two automotive superpowers offerings but then dropped the ball when it came to actual quality.

The Stilos I have driven (both 5-door I must admit which is sinfully ugly I'm afraid) have been complete sheds and neither had done more than 10K miles. I know this is not a sufficient sample to make a judgement on the car as a whole (there are plenty of bad Bravo/as about) but combined with looks bad enough to make a baby cry it's not good news for Fiat fans like myself.

It's not different enough to be interesting nor attractive enough to pull the heart strings in the same way as the Bravo/a does. A giant step back I'm afraid.

However, the Stilo is a much more refined drive than the Bravo and has lots of nice toys but as it's 10 years newer than the Bravo/a design it bloody well should be.

I really wanted to love the Stilo and was over the moon when my works hire car dept. sorted me one out for a week but it was just a completely dissapointing experience. There was absolutely no stirring of the soul in the same way that my Fiats of past and present have delivered and is an opportunity missed as far as I am concerned. Fiat abandoned the things they do well (innovation, styling, driving experience) and didn't improve the things they have always been criticised for (build quality, reliability).

Please don't think I am wantonly bashing the Stilo because it replaced the Bravo. If that was the case I'd be slating the Uno and the Punto for replacing my beloved 127s but I loved both the Unos and the Puntos that I have owned.

Back