Tuning New exhaust upgrade?

Currently reading:
Tuning New exhaust upgrade?

F30Msport

I was at a local car show recently and someone randomly recommended upgrading the stock exhaust to a sport exhaust from Mr. FIAT. Does anyone have this on an otherwise stock 500 with original motor? Certainly looks nice, but I'm wondering if there is a tiny HP or 2 to be unlocked with something like this.

I was at a local car show recently and someone randomly recommended upgrading the stock exhaust to a sport exhaust from Mr. FIAT. Does anyone have this on an otherwise stock 500 with original motor? Certainly looks nice, but I'm wondering if there is a tiny HP or 2 to be unlocked with something like this.

I prefer the dual pipe exhaust which I see is the same price. I has a more mellow sport note and the jury would be out about more power.

I prefer the dual pipe exhaust which I see is the same price. I has a more mellow sport note and the jury would be out about more power.
Personally, I prefer the 'single-pipe' exhaust---I have one on my engine. But as to whether it will give you any more power is, as David says, open to debate. It will definitely SOUND faster! When you do fit the exhaust, confirm that it IS for a 500---the 126 and 500 exhausts are slightly different due to where the heater tube comes out of the thermostat housing. When you fit the exhaust, make sure that the studs to hold the silencer mounts are fully in and good and tight.

I'm sure the older gents know that if you put a Cross of Black tape on your headlights it improves the areo dynamics of a car
and adding an aftermarket twin tip addon chrome tail peice gives about 5bhp....
An internal Green sun strip with Gary and Sharon on it improves your viewing in the dark..
A large Spot light as a reversing light when illuminated improves acceleration...

I am sure there are many more non invasive tuning modifications
(I was never sure how those twin Long Whip aerials made the car faster...)

I always like my cars to have some noise and run a nice Ansa twin pipe. good enough for Ferrari, it's almost good enough for my 500. It makes the car sound more powerful and faster, but as others have mentioned, not sure it will add much to an engine pushing 16 - 18bhp.

Looks the part and I like the sound. The odd pop on the over run . .

Attachments

• IMG_9087.jpg
    IMG_9087.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back