Technical New Doblo owner

Currently reading:
Technical New Doblo owner

I've always changed gear in the upper end of the rev range, if I'm cruising at 40mph I always stay in 3rd gear. The engine seems to prefer it that way and I've had no problems with the car in 3 years (touch wood).

I've had my Doblo for almost 18 months now and I've recently changed from being a "change up as early as possible" driver to only changing up when I need to and I can confirm that the Doblo does seem a bit happier with this arrangement. The engine, running closer to the optimal rpm, also seems to maintain speeds better on longer runs meaning I seldom have to adjust the accelerator.

All in all, happy driving.

I've had my Doblo for almost 18 months now and I've recently changed from being a "change up as early as possible" driver to only changing up when I need to and I can confirm that the Doblo does seem a bit happier with this arrangement. The engine, running closer to the optimal rpm, also seems to maintain speeds better on longer runs meaning I seldom have to adjust the accelerator.

All in all, happy driving.

Is yours the 120 bhp engine?
There's not much power at low revs on this engine. Mine seems to happiest between 2500 and 3500 rpm although if I'm accelerating to overtake I'll rev it higher than that.
I was following a car at about 45 to 50 mph the other day in a 60 mph limit. When I got the chance to overtake I knocked it down to 3rd and it accelerated up to 60 quite rapidly before I needed to change up to 4th.
4th gear is just right for cruising at 60 mph on this engine.
Judging from what I've read in the forum, the 105 engine is quite happy between 1000 and 2000 rpm.

I have a 105 version. It seems quite happy between 1000 and 2000 if you don't need to press on. when I do I get 41 or so mpg which seems about right compared to the 120 mpg mentioned earlier.

Back