New Dial cluster not working properly

Currently reading:
New Dial cluster not working properly

just fitted the Lockwood dials on the RS that i got with the car.

speedo works fine (checked against the sat nav)

Rev counter is reading roughly 1k under, so ticks over at 0.

fuel guage flutters about, quarter tank shows nearly full.

temp guage starts at a quarter and goes to the red when warmed up.

first time i've done this so i'm not really sure what i can check.

thanks a lot!

if you took the needle off the tacho then you've put it back on in the wrong position, wiggl eit till its almost off, then carefully use some small long nose pliers to grip the shaft while you move the nedle to the correct place (1k more than it currently is)

in my experience, the only time the fuel gauge futters on the mk4 is when there is electrical intereference, so tbh i'm not sure what to suggest there but correcting it requires you to grip the shaft when it is at full and move it down to 1/4.

sounds as though the fuel gauge needle needs to be adjusted too. grip shaft when its at 1/4 then move needle down so it sits below the min.

i dont understand why any of this is neccessary, lockwood dials can be fitted without removing the needles.

if you took the needle off the tacho then you've put it back on in the wrong position, wiggl eit till its almost off, then carefully use some small long nose pliers to grip the shaft while you move the nedle to the correct place (1k more than it currently is)

in my experience, the only time the fuel gauge futters on the mk4 is when there is electrical intereference, so tbh i'm not sure what to suggest there but correcting it requires you to grip the shaft when it is at full and move it down to 1/4.

sounds as though the fuel gauge needle needs to be adjusted too. grip shaft when its at 1/4 then move needle down so it sits below the min.

i dont understand why any of this is neccessary, lockwood dials can be fitted without removing the needles.

Sorry, i mean the whole cluster was changed, not just the backing, suppose i could sort the rev counter by moving the needle, as for the temp guage, it starts from below where a normal one would and shoots up into the red when warm

tut tut so your mileage has changed too!

be a good lad, fit the lockwood dials to your original cluster, its a 10min job and then you can avoid using a cluster that has obviously been attacked by a tard in the past.

tut tut so your mileage has changed too!

be a good lad, fit the lockwood dials to your original cluster, its a 10min job and then you can avoid using a cluster that has obviously been attacked by a tard in the past.

lol, TBH i wasn't aware they were both orginally standard clocks, obviously the one i've fitted has had the lockwood covers put on.

my plastic covers cracked too so i guess i'll make 1 good set out of 1 (y)

Are these the stick on style of lockwood dials?

If so the glue is really pants on them and the dials can sometimes lift up so they arent sat right, so can cause the needles to catch on them.

Would take it all apart and if they have lifted up just use a prit stick or something simialr to glue it down

See if that makes an improvement

Back