Technical New cinque owner - lots of questions!

Currently reading:
Technical New cinque owner - lots of questions!

mrjonesandme

I've just bought a new sporting and have lots of probs to deal with but don't really know what they are:
1. high pitched whining sound (belt of some sort?) which comes and goes at idle and when driving
2. hesitates (sometimes) when i slow down and then accelerate without down-shifting
3. this morning it stopped running when idling at a light, restarted fine

otherwise, it runs like a dream......:I

i'm in south london --- can anyone recommend a garage?

they all sound like they'll be related to each other, other than that i cant really help im 'fraid B)

welcome to the forum though :)

Abarth Kitted Cinq Sporting, New lil siggy pic coming soon, till then.... not much really lol

Alternator belt. Either needs adjusting or replacing. If you're mechanically minded or prepared to give it a go, should only cost you a few quid. If not a garage will do it for about £30/£40!!
This sounds to me like it's definitely the problem because my car suffers the same. the alternator belt can't charge the battery enough which causes the cut-out and the squealing is because the alternator is trying to work vertime but the belt is slipping. The hesitation could be due to the Cinq flatspot or connected with the above. Mine sometimes does this too.
Hope this helps

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, Apex -40mm kit, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

no.1 could be the cambelt tensioner, thats worth taking a look at on a new car, along with the belt.
no.2 sounds like the symptoms of an old lambda sensor on the way out.
no.3 too much too list [xx(]

THE HIGH PITCH SQUELY SOUND IS PROBABLY THE ALTERNATOR BELT (woops sticky sorry), i have the same thing but it only happens when youve drained your battery alot, and at night when using lights

BlueCinq - 1995N - 899cc

try to run it for a few days without the stereo on. seems to temporarly fix it for me. but then i always have to fix it again tomorrow:p(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, Apex -40mm kit, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

Back