General New Cinq owner!

Currently reading:
General New Cinq owner!

Hoody69

Hi guys, parents bought me a 1.1 cinq sporting for my 17th (few months ago now), was a bit put off by the yellow but now I love it. Did manage to crack the front bumper second time out in it though :bang:
Painted the bonnet aswell what do you guys think, your the experts (by the way some awsome examples of cinqs on here, kudos to you).
DSC00124.jpg

Yeh will probably get round to doing the roof, may go down to just below the windows.
Also was wondering if it's worth getting a K&N air filter and how easy it would be to fit? As I understand the induction kits useless cuz it sits in a hot air pocket?
Cheers.

Gotta do the whole car in that if you're going to do the bonnet :p, it actually looks allright though to be fair (y)

Wish my parents had bought me a cinq sporting for my 17th, i had to buy my self and could only afford a cinq SX at the time before moving up later on :)

Hi Hoody
Welcome to FF.
Mine is 100% original so far
Havent done anything with it, but yeah, like you say, you really need a kit with cold air feed from down low. Have a look through the forum and you will come across some. Actually, have a look at this thread posted by custard in the FAQ section

Was only £600 and loads went wrong after about 2 weeks, headgasket, brakes, etc. witch I payed for and my insurance was £750 so i'm not spoilt (well maybe a little :D). Yeh the only issue i had with doing the roof is that if i carry on the lines the airial would be off centre with the stripes so it could look a little wierd.

Lol true, how easy would that be? Would it leave a hole in the roof?
Yeh i've read that FAQ before (all of custards faqs are really helpfull) don't think im capable of fitting an induction kit though (do most garages fit them?).
More interested in the filter at the moment, looks like i can pick one up on ebay for £30ish, just wondering if it would be worth it, and if i could fit it myself :confused: (wouldn't wanna shell out another £30 for fitting if i can do it myself).

You should be able to pick up an induction kit for not much more than that (there are ones designed for Focus' that fit iirc and are readily available on fleabay) and if you're comfortable using an 8mm and 10mm spanner you'll be able to fit it no bother, 1/2 hour job.

Heard alot about the GSR and the Mckcritch chip are they both "homemade" don't want to destroy my new car :p. Also am I actually going to be able to feel the differnce with these mods? Cheers guys your a great help.

In terms of flat out speed, other than upgrading the engine to a 1242 cc or bigger no, but each mod will give a bit more torque which will make things like overtaking easier ... and the induction kits make a nice noise :D

GSR and MckCritch I think are both made to order, but in all threads I've read about the chips no-one's had an issue. GSR's are also very good, but pricey due to being handmade but like with most things of this nature, you get what you pay for (y)

Might get myself a GSR for christmas then £99 dosen't sound to bad, depends on what my insurers say if it's going to raise my premium too much i won't bother, need to get new speakers anyway cuz the standard ones sound crap (n)

Last edited:
Took my first spin in her today, loved it, great little car, almost rolled it going round a sharp corner to fast though :rolleyes:. Think i'll take her in for a service, the gearstick feels a little loose and getting into first and fith can be a struggle, and definately wanna get the handbrake tightened. Any idea how much a service is going to be (roughly)?

Back