new car...

Currently reading:
new car...

since this disaster i've been lookin about n i've found a black punto p reg one owner 1.2 what do you guys think i should pay and is there anything in particular i should be looking for when i go see it next week? :)

depends on the model and condition, a basic model in fair condition is worth 250, a mint sporting is worth 750.

be looking for head gasket failure, missing keys, signs of previous boy racer owners, check paperwork matches car (log book, service history) and check the temperature is cold when you first start it (i.e. it hasnt been warmed up before you go there to hide poor cold idle or roughness) and it isnt overheating after 15mins of ticking over and test driving.

also milage its the best sign, make sure that the thermostat needle aint going over mid way too sumtimes that can cause piston and gasket failures which are costly and tyres are in good nic - ask the owner alot of questions and if he/she aint quick wi answer usually they are making it up... remember if you ain't 100% sure don't buy it... good luck (y)

jaysenysen said:
also milage its the best sign
obviously you have a lot of faith in people.

forgot to mention check for timing belt change in recent history, if there is no evidence that is has been done in the last 3 years or 30k then it is taking a risk assuming it will be ok.

JjPhoenix said:
yeah its quite near here, about 30 miles away. about £450 apparently does that sound reasonable or not?

If its tidy, its a good price :)

CinquePunto said:
I was gonna say I'd come with you to have a look with you, but it's quite a trek to oxford...

EDIT - oh yeah, can you PM me your address, as I have a couple of bits for you, or we could meet up sometime (you still have those CDs and my Punto book)

(y) (y) ace cafe woo ring me the day b4 u!

anyone who doesnt kno ive now got another punto was £900 s reg its quite nice not as nice as the ole one tho but hey:slayer: drivin agen woo!

Back