New car!!!

Currently reading:
New car!!!

KSauce

Hello guys, wondering if anyone can help me here.

Currently the proud owner of an 08 Grande Punto 1.4 8v. It's done 104k now and has seen better days. I like this car so much, i'm looking at another. It's an 09 plate, only done 9000 miles owned by an old guy in the pool. It's up for a steal of a price, so i've put a deposit down on it today. The car visually is immaculate. Not a scrape or scratch anywhere inside or outside.

However, when i took it for a test drive it pulls to the right quite bad, and also when moving slowly if you full lock left or right you hear a big "ding" sound. Like that of pinging a spring. (Poor description i know but it's the best i could think of).

The garage were adamant it would be fixed when it went through the standard workshop checks as it had only been taken in two days ago. I am not convinced the ding noise will be fixed, i have full faith the pull will as (hopefully) it's just a tracking issue.

Any ideas what this could be? What should i expect? I'm hoping it's not the dreaded power steering column which costs a bomb to fix (even though i wouldn't be paying, it'll be like drawing blood from a stone to get them to fix that).

I haven't handed any money over yet apart from a refundable £100 deposit to secure the car.

Mod, please feel free to delete thread. Posted in model specific.

Thanks

Back