General New Car

Currently reading:
General New Car

My heart will rule my head, thats why i am tagging along my dad who is a police officer of 30 years, he's great at bargaining and buying cars. (y)

Will keep an eye out for you. ;)

Glad you have your dad there to temper your enthusiasm! Sounds like a good bloke to have in your corner. For me sadly, head rules the heart; well, until the application of approximately 1.75 pints! Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately) I never view cars anything less than sober (obviously)...

So, how did you get on? We're all bursting to know! :D

Last edited:
had a look at it yesterday and it was amazing, i love the practicality of it combined with the sporty hatchbackness, had a test drive of it and it was slightly different than my metro but i was getting used to it and started to imagine me driving it, but towards the end i started to think about the bigger picture, i am 17 and recieved my renewal throught the post today and i am hopefully (touch wood) going to uni in oxford and as you all probably know oxford isn't the most vehicle friendly and as a result the uni won't allow me to have a car if i live in halls. so i would only have the car for 3 months or so untill i go to uni and then when i am on the hols. but that will be money sitting there and depriciating in value, so even though i love the car i think i may have to wait a year or two untill i am out of halls. Still undecided tho so still may go for it. :p

had a look at it yesterday and it was amazing, i love the practicality of it combined with the sporty hatchbackness, had a test drive of it and it was slightly different than my metro but i was getting used to it and started to imagine me driving it, but towards the end i started to think about the bigger picture, i am 17 and recieved my renewal throught the post today and i am hopefully (touch wood) going to uni in oxford and as you all probably know oxford isn't the most vehicle friendly and as a result the uni won't allow me to have a car if i live in halls. so i would only have the car for 3 months or so untill i go to uni and then when i am on the hols. but that will be money sitting there and depriciating in value, so even though i love the car i think i may have to wait a year or two untill i am out of halls. Still undecided tho so still may go for it. :p

Difficult choice - but pleasant to be in the position of having to make it. You're right about Oxford, drivers' nightmare. If interest rates were any good it would be better to put the money on deposit until you think you'll get more use out of a car but you might as well put it under the mattress at the moment. Have you thought about a scooter?

Good luck with your studies.

Difficult choice - but pleasant to be in the position of having to make it. You're right about Oxford, drivers' nightmare. If interest rates were any good it would be better to put the money on deposit until you think you'll get more use out of a car but you might as well put it under the mattress at the moment. Have you thought about a scooter?

Good luck with your studies.

I have one of those for sale :D

...hatchbackness...

Is that a word? And you potentially going to Oxford? :D

No, like you say, Oxford is a hell hole for cars. Still, if you want me to look after a 100HP for you (you know, gentle runs in the evening just to keep the brakes free and all that ) I'd only be about an hour away... ;)

Back