new car

Currently reading:
new car

i might maybe look at puntos/pandas around the £3500 mark?

i dunno if im being silly, or thinking with my head :(

im going to be spending about £1000 if not more on my car over the next year

me too lol service, insurance, brakes (again) tax, tyres (again) thats the problem with cars they cost dolla! keep it josh don't go to the Bmw i mean german mini side!

To properly maintain any car it costs money, be it tyres, brakes, engine servicing, filters, wipers... etc etc etc.

Plus nothing to say that this bini couldn't develop more expencive faults than your JTD which should be about as reliable as engines can be.

if i keep my car.... everyone has to stop going on about lowering it lol :p

i will just leave as is i think, might be the case that i just keep it ages and run it into the ground... make it the highest mileage stilo ;)

a clear cut case of "the grass is greener on the other side" to be honest. I have those moments sometimes...

Josh you would stil be better off paying for the repairs (wear and tear itms tbh, all modern cars wear out these parts fast, just look at stevenrb45) to the stilo and running it. Minis still depreciate, although perhaps not as fast as fiats, but when they are worth more to start with.... And the stilo will be way better on fuel than the cooper.

once you weigh it all up properly (and the fact that you cannot possibly predict what the mini will be worth in a years time going by current market trends) i am sure the stilo will be cheaper and easier option. Of course, if you fancy a mini, by all means get one... but that would mean you was ghey :p

Last edited:
I remember the days when the stilo was untouchable and was the be all and end all, now things arent so rosy.

The things that you describe are general service items and you should expect to pay out for those things, its what called car ownership.

As said just general maintanence on the car really. You could buy a mini and then find a shed load of stuff needs replacing on that. Gonna be alot more expensive to fix that than it is a fiat. Depreciation is relative aswell. Smaller cheaper cars are always going to depreciate heavily because of the amount of competition out in the market for them. You think you have it bad, i know one bloke that went to part chop in his top spec 2 yr old 30 thousand mile cayenne S which he paid 65k for, they offered him 15 grand p/ex value lol. Thats heave depreciation ;)

Keep the stilo josh or i'll take a ride to snaith and give you a slapping.....

i can help you do the discs pad's and drop links but you can hold the tools last thing i want to be blamed for is cocking up someone's car unfortunately if i go hands on and for what ever reason leads to an accident no doubt **** sticks i have had enough problems trying to help someone with a bloody push bike "ever since you did the gears the brakes haven't been right" got told to fook off in the end...

Josh Brian leightons are a Dealership (nissan and renault) so charge accordingly try carlton services ask Christine she and we rate them (y)

Josh you would stil be better off paying for the repairs (wear and tear itms tbh, all modern cars wear out these parts fast, just look at stevenrb45)

I'd rather he didn't tbf its been a long night and im stuffing my face with a sandwich before I get into bed.
But damn straight modern cars break expensive stuff quick i'm lucky mines in warranty otherwise I'd have had some big bills, my dads last service on an 05 focus was 600 quid, my uncles on an 03 clio £750 my mate on a 53 clio £1000. With old cars you do lots of small running repairs so the actual bill is never that big until you add it all up. Modern cars run like clock work until its service time and you are told what up with them and because it hasn't been to the garage since last service it costs more than if you'd visited it one item at a time however once you've done the work you don't have to garage it again for a while so you pay money more less often.

The Mini is like the Beetle, completely over hyped. They are definately on the sissy side of metrosexual, plus I very rarely see blokes driving them. Your car is looking (y) stick with it until you get your company car.

we supposed to be talking him out of it :bang:

:idea: Did I say sissy.... I meant manly, butch, roughty toughty, rootin tootin, all man and proud of it. Not enough real men drive them.

Last edited:
The Mini is like the Beetle, completely over hyped. They are definately on the sissy side of metrosexual, plus I very rarely see blokes driving them. Your car is looking (y) stick with it until you get your company car.

You can see a lot of Binis driven by men, well I assume they are supposed to be men, they have the esteemed luxury title of Estate Agents :eek: [insert boos and hisses here]

You surely do not want to be associated with that bunch of bandits do you ?

Trev

no matter which car you own you'll need to spend money every now and then. buying another car is always a risk. you never know what will be wrong with it. better the devil you know.

new drop links (x 2) and front brake pads and discs (quoted £199 fully fitted at my local kwik-fit type car garage - bryan leightons)
£199 my arse. drop links are a tenner each. pads are less than £20. discs are £15 each. fitting of all this is easy.

a new light motor, and a new horn fitted.
no more than £10 each at a scrapyard and easily fitted.

as im hopeless at fitting these, i wouldnt attempt it myself.
surely you know someone who can tell their arse from their elbow who'll do it for a bit of beer money?

i dont know how much i would get private, ive seen 5 year old ones in similar spec for around £3500 private round my area.
cars arent selling very well lately. if you want to get a good price you have to be patient.

Last edited:
£199 my arse. drop links are a tenner each. pads are less than £20. discs are £15 each. fitting of all this is easy.

surely you know someone who can tell their arse from their elbow who'll do it for a bit of beer money?
:yeahthat:
These are just consumables, not a reason to change cars!

Back