new car

Currently reading:
new car

I decided to keep the car and get it fixed up how i want to :)

its my car at the end of the day... and i think it suits me in a way.

i probably get more looks in it then i do in a mini anyway, as there a lots of them about, and hardly any stilos in the spec ive got :p

guess i just did a bit of early fiat panicking :rolleyes:

I decided to keep the car and get it fixed up how i want to :)

its my car at the end of the day... and i think it suits me in a way.

i probably get more looks in it then i do in a mini anyway, as there a lots of them about, and hardly any stilos in the spec ive got :p

guess i just did a bit of early fiat panicking :rolleyes:

good choice josh.

I had to get shut of mine- it could have been a new gearbox and diff job, plus rear axle repairs which are costly.

as jug says the repairs on your car wont come to that much, and with a decent toolkit you can do them yourself with a willingness to learn and overcoming the fear of not getting it back together.

Brakes and drop links- i did front brake pads on my stilo for about £18 a go and did this 3 times. drop links, £10 a piece and about 2 hours to fit. total there £48 and about 3-4hours to do. a garage can do it quicker, get a quote from your independent, or get someone to do a 'foreigner'

headlight motor- again, i had this,sometimes it can be a case of disconnecting it, taking out the bulb and re- aligning the carrier. there are other fixes for jaming motors and plenty on the forum. takes about 20 minutes to get a healight out and the rest can be done on the kitchen table

the new horn is the easiest, its located behind the front bumper, drivers side behind the vent, which pulls out, then its a couple of nuts and an electrical cable.

i would see this an ideal time to get to know your motor. i was 18 and the first big job i ever did was to change a clutch on renault clio with a mate. before that it was little things like changing grills and headlights, fixing elecrtical faults, wiring in head units and speakers. and im still learning

cambelt i wouldnt trust myself to do so let fiat do it on fiatcare for £150 if your cars out of warranty. (i did put a timing chain on a merc c class!)

Last edited:
Back