General New car, weird keys

Currently reading:
General New car, weird keys

steluca5

I bought a GP sporting yesterday. 2007 1.4 TJet 3 door as a run-around.

The person I bought it from accepted it as a trade in but didn't deal with such cheap cars and wanted to offload it as it had a couple of issues like the glove box not closing (now fixed) and some missing trim.

Anyway, it came with two keys.

The remote key, which only seems to open the drivers door manually, which in turn does work the central locking.

The emergency not remote key which starts the car.

The emergency key does not open the doors and the remote key does not start the car (won't even turn).

The remote central locking does not work.

It sounds to me, like someone replaced the door lock or door with one off ebay or something that came with the key and they have been using that manually since then.

What is the best solution to this that is cost affective? Is there any way to just get the remote locking working at least? I don't mind using two keys I'd just like to be able to remotely unlock.

I've read some threads that talk about the cpu having a code and lots of people who say take it to fiat. But since its 2022 and lots of those are old, I'm wondering what I can do :)

Thanks for reading.

Hi :)
the CODE for starting the engine is stored in the ECU..
And accessible via the OBD port (y)

Your remote operation..I dont know..

It could be the Key..or the Car
At least the central locking works :)

Idea: check the wiring at the drivers door hinge.. you might have a lost connection
;-)

It got really confusing.

I had an key electrician man out and he had to leave because he couldn't get remote central locking to work. He left me with a key that works for starting the car so it disarms the immobilizer fine.

So why on earth would my remote locking not work? He thinks the reciever might be broken but I've not a clue where to look for that. I wondered if that's the black dot in the centre of the dash.

Can't work out if this is all because of the lock on the door needing a different key. Maybe a module is in that.

Thanks

Back