New Car Tax Idea

Currently reading:
New Car Tax Idea

Signed.

Lets face it: the road charging system WILL NOT reduce the number of cars on the road. But it WILL force up the cost of running a car.

Some of us simply cannot use public transport to get to work; I work at remote sites where no public transport goes, and often have to visit 3 or 4 sites in one day, carrying all the gear I need to do my job. Public transport is all well and good for those who work in a city centre every day, for the rest of us it's about as much use as Tony Blair in a sincerity contest.

KoArAnG said:
Yep, personally I'd go along with anything that will reduce road users and ultimately emissions. Now someone tell China :rolleyes:

Driving a VXR?;) Shall i put your name down for a electric car?

styles said:
Driving a VXR?;) Shall i put your name down for a electric car?
It was sold on saturday, due to my guilty conscience, I just couldn't keep taking up all the petrol :p :D

Actually I was getting nearly 30mpg out of the vxr and driving it hard it would drop to 24mpg, so it was extremely good for a performance car.

saab aero fetchs better economy.
although aero SIII vs a std vxr would probably be matched, the saab doesn't like revving much past 5.5k not sure what a vxrs like in comparison
saab fetchs upto 41mpg on a road at 60. 36 on motorway @ 80 etc

faster4_tec said:
saab aero fetchs better economy.
although aero SIII vs a std vxr would probably be matched, the saab doesn't like revving much past 5.5k not sure what a vxrs like in comparison
saab fetchs upto 41mpg on a road at 60. 36 on motorway @ 80 etc
My quotes on the vxr are purely town driving. Motorway it's about 35-40mpg at 70ish :) at 50mph on A roads about 38-44mpg but that depends entirely if I am enjoying myself or not. Standard VXR's rev to around 5.5k too and then a swift gear change is needed, my remapped one was revving to over 7k easily.

This new system could work. But I have no trust in the government. "£5 congestion charge", they said, when introducing the new congestion scheme in London. I distinctly remember thinking "hmmm, how long will it be unitl that goes up". And it did, of course. Now with this new 'black box' trackign system: it will gain data of how far you've been, at what time, etc. How long will it be before it's used for speed restrictment, and other unwanted things. Besides, I don't want to be forced to use my car at certain times of day because it's cheaper. I like having the choice.

BTW their looking at putting up congestion charge to like £24 a day :eek: :eek: :eek: for big engined cars like A8's, >740's, s class, x5s, astons. so pretty muc hteh only people that use the busy areas anymore, instead of £5, which then turned to £8, it will soon be £20+:eek:

tosspots

I'd still like to see where all this increase in spending is going. as from what I can see, spending is going up in pretty much all departments.
the thing I'm most interested in, is bobbies on teh beat, there are plenty in sunderland. but durham force are looking at getting rid of OVER 300 bobbies(n)

faster4_tec said:
BTW their looking at putting up congestion charge to like £24 a day :eek: :eek: :eek: for big engined cars like A8's, >740's, s class, x5s, astons. so pretty muc hteh only people that use the busy areas anymore, instead of £5, which then turned to £8, it will soon be £20+:eek:

tosspots

I'd still like to see where all this increase in spending is going. as from what I can see, spending is going up in pretty much all departments.
the thing I'm most interested in, is bobbies on teh beat, there are plenty in sunderland. but durham force are looking at getting rid of OVER 300 bobbies(n)

IIRC it's £24 for large engined cars, but I think it's going to be free for small engined cars (e.g. a 1.2). Of course, if you have a large engined car, it created more congestion :rolleyes:

steve1219 said:
Its a pity most people over in this country have this attitude:cry: if we all done something instead of thinking they are going to screw us anyway maybe things would change, remember it only takes a few people to complain about TV adverts and they stop them, because they said something even though most of us could not care ****, if enough people do stand up maybe they will listen.
Heres hoping
Steve

Sorry but that was said with credit cards,CCTV,Specs(Gatos etc).
Tv ads which is only regulated buy a tv body-TCI i think.
Gov are a totally different game indeed as they hold all the cards and depic the rules,as they can say-it'll make more jobs(which will recreate less in the bigger picture-i wont go into tomuch detail im sure you all can work that out,when you look outside their back stabbing world),less Green house affects,less traffic,more control,MORE MONEY etc.
Bet if your car was stolen they could/might find it in a second but it aint profitable and time consuming so they hope the person writes it off so you can buy a new car but your insurance will go up big time.But guess what if you forget to pay the bill or the system go fubar they be on your ass big time with a massive fine or bang you up for it-Yea im really looking forward to it.
So much for freedom.

Back