General New Car - New chip!

Currently reading:
General New Car - New chip!

DBunX

Hi,

I've had my 500s TA for about 3 weeks and on cleaning it on Saturday found a small paint chip on the bonnet :(

It's only about 2-3mm across and almost perfectly round. Do you know if this would be covered in any way (as its so new) or do I have to get it fixed myself? (I can get the official Crossover black paint repair kit from Fiat direct apparently).

It's quite annoying as I paid a fair bit for the gap insurance, alloy wheel protection and GuardX internal/external cover and from what I can tell none of it covers chips o_O

How much did they sting you for their overpriced gap insurance and snake oil protection?

And no, paint chips won't be covered under anything.

It was about £300, although to be fair I knew I was going to get stung a bit as its my first new car and on finance as well, and I just wanted it all sorted in once place on the day.
(I don't mind paying a bit more for the piece of mind and convenience).

At least the Fiat repair kit is only £15...

Just be aware that the Fiat touch up paint is rubbish - same with Alfa. It's very soft maybe even water based and the clear coat is like thick blobby nail varnish. It never goes hard enough to allow blending in with the original paint.
Better to get a proper solvent based paint mixed up.

It was about £300, although to be fair I knew I was going to get stung a bit as its my first new car and on finance as well, and I just wanted it all sorted in once place on the day.
(I don't mind paying a bit more for the piece of mind and convenience).

At least the Fiat repair kit is only £15...

You pays yer money.....

In fact, £300 for gap, alloys insurance and paint "protection" is not as bad as I was expecting you to say.

Just be aware that the Fiat touch up paint is rubbish - same with Alfa. It's very soft maybe even water based and the clear coat is like thick blobby nail varnish. It never goes hard enough to allow blending in with the original paint.
Better to get a proper solvent based paint mixed up.

Ah ok.... nothings ever easy is it!

Back