General New bulbs

Currently reading:
General New bulbs

awalton007

I've noticed all of the bulbs are abut dull. Not as bright as I like. Plus a break light has gone

Where do u get ur bulbs from and do u have links ;)

My
Rear bulbs usually come from halfrauds
Because
A - there stupidly cheap on trade
B - As long as the car behind can see your clear lights your fine, you dont wanna dazzle as brake lights do scatter light rather then project depending on angle so you see if easily

My front Bulbs
Well im waiting for some to pop

But i fitted some Orsam Nightbreakers Plus (better plus's are then standard) to replace a popped foglight bulb

its brighter and a touch whiter and does me - bargain at £12 i think it was delivery
Good old ebay!

Ziggy

Hmm, in mk2b i'd have to agree nightbreakers. However if you have mk2 then get HIDs. Ive recently put in my new ones and so far ive been very pleased. High quality hid lights with metal fixings as opposed to the cheaper plastic ones ive had previous. Light output is so clear and nice. I went for 6000k, but 4300k is brighter. Imo these look awesome, and i find that the 6000k is very white with slight hint of blue.

Sam

Hmm, in mk2b i'd have to agree nightbreakers. However if you have mk2 then get HIDs. Ive recently put in my new ones and so far ive been very pleased. High quality hid lights with metal fixings as opposed to the cheaper plastic ones ive had previous. Light output is so clear and nice. I went for 6000k, but 4300k is brighter. Imo these look awesome, and i find that the 6000k is very white with slight hint of blue.

Sam

Hids arent my favorite as soo many abuse them

Id stick to the standard bulbs to prevent insurance implications
Ziggy

Replace with standard bulbs, LEDs are as illegal as HIDs will cause bulb fail warning issues and can generally confuse as brake lights and tail lights become the same intensity. As for the front mk2 headlights are inherently crap and mk2bs have much better reflector units both are happy with uprated bulbs like Osram night breakers (£12 on amazon) or what ever rubbish halfords knocks out for £30 a pair

Back