Styling New bulbs on the Sporting.. Ideas?

Currently reading:
Styling New bulbs on the Sporting.. Ideas?

corky

Mk2 Punto Sporting 1.2
Just browsing the internet i want some new headlight bulbs for the Punto Sporting 2001 can anyone point me in the right direction on some decent ones?

So for the 2001 Punto Sporting i need to be looking for H1?

Hi mate, you need to check your bulbs, because there were two different types of bulbs fitted to the Mk2 punto. Some cars even have one type in one headlight and the other in the other headlight.

So check yours before buying is my advice.

H7 is the most common and what is quoted in the book, but ive seen them with H1 also.

Alan

So for the 2001 Punto Sporting i need to be looking for H1?

Can be either H1 or H7 (from memory); and sometimes find that one headlamp is one, the other, the other (IYSWIM)! :confused:

Only way you can tell is to actually take the existing ones out..... :rolleyes:

Osram Nightbreakers (especially the 'plus' ones) are definitely the way to go.... (y)

PS: Mr Moderator just beat me me to it...! ;)

Last edited:
@ corky remeber you have front fogs or shouid have so dont be getting em
mixed up,

take cover off head lamp and see what bulbs are in there,
im going to have alook at mine tomorow,
im sure someones already beat me to it tho with decent bulbs because mine
are megga bright, :D

Dipped Beam are H7, High Beam are H1. Nightbreakers are worthwhile

"technically"... but as I say some headlights have H1 dipped beams too. Have a look HERE for example. Its an issue that comes up regularly.

The majority do have H7 and it is whats quoted in the handbook, however if you've had a replacement headlight fitted, you may find its H1.

Always best to check is my advice (y) Nothing worse than buying a new set of bulbs that wont fit!:bang:

Alan

Odd light bulb sizes. I know Fiat are quirky but can't see it leaving the factory like that. Sounds like lazy unit replacement to me by previous owner!!

Odd light bulb sizes. I know Fiat are quirky but can't see it leaving the factory like that. Sounds like lazy unit replacement to me by previous owner!!

Nope, different headlight suppliers probably, they'll often chop and change at random using who ever is the cheapest to supply.

Hi,

It was an official modification. Around 2002. As I say though its often hit and miss as to what your car has. The majority of early Mk2's will have H7 UNLESS its been replaced at some point etc.

headlight_mod.JPG

Alan

Back