New Bravo = Ritmo in Oz

Currently reading:
New Bravo = Ritmo in Oz

ritmo isnt lame, its a classic

DCP_6219.JPG

looks nothing like the new bravo though :p

Yeah, it's lame. Doesn't sound good in English at all. And the last Fiat to bear the name - see post above - was a rustbucket. They could have come up with a better name than that!

Sounds ok to me, Fiat are just bringing back one of their old names again, means Rhythm in Italian which makes more sense, so why not just called it that in an English speaking market...?

It just would have been nice if they named it something that sounds half decent in an aussie accent, not only that but you'd think with a whole new car you'd want to give it a new and refreshing name. Not name it after some old banger that most probably was rubbish in it's time.

"Punto" is hard enough for people to say here :rolleyes:

"Punto" is hard enough for people to say here :rolleyes:

Even the sales people at the local dealer can't pronounce the name properly.

Yeah, it's lame. Doesn't sound good in English at all. And the last Fiat to bear the name - see post above - was a rustbucket. They could have come up with a better name than that!

The Ritmo/Strada was never sold in Australia, so people here would not be familiar with it.

Troy.

The other thing they'd have to think about when choosing a new name for the car is, as mentioned before, if it's being used by another company. Changing the name to the English pronounciation may cause even further probs!

Wonder if naming it Strada would have been a better option though?

Well. The Ritmo was a GTI killer in the 80's, at least the Abarth 130TC (check my album for pics). The frame was also used on the Delta HF Int. as far as I know, so it's got a good reputation. Great name. :D

Morten.

Back