Doblo New boy here with a question

Currently reading:
Doblo New boy here with a question

Cornishman

Just bought my first ever Fiat so brand new to the forum & only slightly confused!

I picked up a Doblo 1.9D in Wales last week. The 200 mile journey home went well, only problem was a creaky clutch pedal.
On investigation I found the plastic ‘push rod’ into the master cylinder was fractured and close to snapping in two.
I have the replacement cylinder ready to go but any tips before I start would be welcome. Access under the bonnet is about nil.
Do I need to remove the battery and tray to get to bleed nipple? Is ‘reverse bleeding’ the best way as I read elsewhere that it can be a bu***r to bleed.
Many thanks for any help and if I’m posting in the wrong place forgive me! :)

Hi and welcome :)

Not a job Ive done..

But virtually all modern FIATs will use similar kit : 2008 'on

The 500 and Panda sections are probably busiest for this kind of job ;)

SEARCH works well in 'advanced'..

Just type in 'bleeding clutch' then choose which section you want.. or the whole forum ;)

Charlie

Thanks Charlie, I’ll go and have a look. Cheers.

How did it go? Mine snapped this afternoon on my way home from shopping, it's the plastic rod type but the only replacement I can seem to find is a Valeo metal rod type.

Which did yours have and how much hell am I going to be in ?

How did it go? Mine snapped this afternoon on my way home from shopping, it's the plastic rod type but the only replacement I can seem to find is a Valeo metal rod type.

Which did yours have and how much hell am I going to be in ?
Hi, I bought the Valeo replacement master cylinder for £44. The metal rod is (thank god) interchangeable with the plastic one. It was a bu**er of a job but I managed it in the end and didn’t need to bleed the system so that was a bonus!
I didnt remove the drivers seat but I’m sure it would’ve helped.
I removed the two 10m bolts which gives a bit of movement to slide out the plastic retaining clip (which is hard as the bright metal bracket is in the way, I think it can be swung upwards but I didn’t need to). Once the clip is out the pressure was more than I’d expected even with the screwdriver I’d inserted into the clips slot to hold it. I then just replaced the plastic rod with the metal one and replaced the clip (from the other side in case I ever have to remove it again). I hope all that makes sense.

Oh good I ordered one last night and very happy to know I can just replace the rod thanks for your help bud

Back