New alloys what do you think?

Currently reading:
New alloys what do you think?

C

Callum

Just picked up some new alloys today and fitted them, i still like my old alloys and will keep them (not sure what for though!), but they needed new tyres (£220 for toyo t1-s's) and i always fancied some Team Dynamics Pro Race 2's, and got an amazing deal on a set!

4 Brand new 17"x7" Team Dynamics Pro Race 2's
with
4 Brand new Kumho Ecsta Supra 205/40/17s

For £206!!!
Collected them from Rimstock (where team dynamics are made) and paid an extra £20 for spigot rings and wobbly bolts.

Bargin of the year i think!

Old Wheels

005-1.jpg

New Wheels

006-1.jpg

Any comments welcome
(a Very happy) Cal

Very nice although I must admit I prefer the old ones.

ozric.jpg

"Doctor said to give up Keee-Babs. I said 'No, no-no'"
cheers.gif

My Members Page
Shabash! Now with added "OHHHHH"mmph. :)

Prefer the old ones too but at that price.......!
Cant get 4 tyres for that never mind, rubber, wheels and fitting kit. Nice one

Sorry but i also prefer the old ones,....but each to their own!!

I like them both, have thought about the Team Dynamiccs for mine, however if you want to sell me your old wheels email me at [email protected]

Chris

Fiat Bravo 1.2 80sx -- 95,034 miles -- Status - Dirty

prefer the old ons, but they aint bad. good deal on em too. wait till the rubber is nearly wrn out, then put the old ones back on and sell hose rims for £150. Use the £150 towards your new tyres for the old rims. super.

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
& now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

Same as Chris, I'm interested in the alloys if you decide to sell.

Think they would go very well with a silver Bravo :)

brandco.jpg

Bravo: Nov 01 80SX / 67,000 miles
Coupe: Feb 97 20V N/A / 133,200 miles

Same here, like them both and if anything, I think the old skool ones suit your car's colour slightly better
- but hey, you certainly got an eye for a bargain with the new ones :)

What a bargain. Who cares which are better at that price.

Banner08.jpg

Items For Sale:
Fiat Bravo/a Passenger Airbag Covers to suit MK1 & MK2, Foglight Fiat Bravo/a Headlamp Washer Jets, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

Contact Me for more details.

I'm not a massive fan of black rims but prefer the new ones.

The problem with deep dish rims like your old ones is that they tend to look smaller than they are. (17s look almost like 15/16s)

For £206 you got a great deal.

It;s amazing the massive choice and low price of alloys these days, both new and used.

It wasn't so long ago that anything under £600 for new 17s with (budget) tyres was a bargain.

i like the new ones but not in black,,they look almost like focus st wheels.id like them in silver/gunmetal.

photo0029copy2xx5.jpg

They where advertised as factory seoconds that may have scuffs, scratches and chips to the paintwork so i was planning on getting them painted/powdercoated gunmetal. but the paint was perfect (they where just ex display) and im happy with the way they look. im a bit skint at the moment as im moving out.

So maybe i'll think about a colour change or a change back to the old wheels when i need new tyres.

I find myself parking miles away from kerbs and being really cautious of the road surface so i dont scratch these wheels. You cant see it from the pic but my old wheels are pretty scuffed around the edges so im going to give them a good clean and refurb while they are off the car.

Cheers for all the comments.

Cal