new Alfa 159

Currently reading:
new Alfa 159

Oooooooooooo :D

IF this is my next car, this is a good start by the C4 review:

"If we're talking about the V6, this would be a five-star rating. The four-wheel drive transmission means there's none of the bad behaviour suffered by the 156 GTA, which aimed to channel 250bhp through its front wheels alone, and the V6 Q4's handling is a delight. It points like a rear-wheel drive car and corners quickly with a gentle tail-out stance, yet the front wheels pull it straight should too much be asked of the rears. Similarly, there's almost no understeer when entering a corner quickly, because the Torsen-C centre differential diverts torque rearwards if the front wheels have too much to cope with. That 47/53 torque split is just the starting point, alterable as needed. It all makes for a highly enjoyable, very fluid drive."

i think the upcoming brera (sp?) version looks nicer, 3 doors probably just appeal to me more right now.
but i agree that s4 quattro looks superb, but are they not in totally different price leagues???

I don't know that's the first I've seen of the new 159. But if they do a GTA version I think it'll be pretty much the same as both Audi & Volvo have dropped their prices a bit.

Yes, the Brera is also an option....

Who knows - I will just see what is on the market next Summer '06, and let you guys come up with some ideas....

Here's one now stu get the Volvo, 300bhp 298lbs/ft torque 0-60 5.4secs 155mph(limited). Remember Huw? he's got an R reg V70R & had that remapped last week it now puts out 310bhp up from 250bhp. :D (y)

bennyboy said:
Here's one now stu get the Volvo, 300bhp 298lbs/ft torque 0-60 5.4secs 155mph(limited). Remember Huw? he's got an R reg V70R & had that remapped last week it now puts out 310bhp up from 250bhp. :D (y)
Very nice, who knows what I will buy next - lots can happen in one year ;)

bennyboy said:
I'd still rather have an S4 quattro or a Volvo S60R or a HSV GTS-R though.

You have good taste Benny! My brother has an S4, very restrained styling, in a dark colour you would go unnoticed I'd say, 4.2 V8 339 ponies! All good but it is still beaten by my favourite the M3!

Volvo S60R is also nice but loses out on driver involvement and ride comfort.

Liam

bloomfieldliam said:
You have good taste Benny! My brother has an S4, very restrained styling, in a dark colour you would go unnoticed I'd say, 4.2 V8 339 ponies! All good but it is still beaten by my favourite the M3!

Volvo S60R is also nice but loses out on driver involvement and ride comfort.

Liam

Erm? isn't the S4 344bhp? I thought it was supposed to have 1 more than the M3. Personally I'd still take the S4 anyday mainly because it's 4wd & every Tom, Dick & harry's got an M3(plus I can't stand BMW's). (y)

My bro's is the 2003 model, 5bhp isn't much though, he was offered an Audi chip when buying which would take him up to 400 for £500 but he declined (getting old, traded in an FQ300 for it).

Ok then M3 CSL!

Liam

I personally find most german cars soooooo boring to drive (and I've driven a few VR6, GTIs, RS4, S4, S3, TT, AMG). Also the reason I will never buy german is that they lack character. So reliable YES, So nice to look at I THINK NOT :eek: .

Go park a basic A4 and a basic 156 down your local high street and count which one gets the most looks..... ahhh don't bother I already know. :D

Back