General New 127 Owner - Parts and advice required

Currently reading:
General New 127 Owner - Parts and advice required

rbulkley

Hello,
I've just bought a 127 and need some help:

1) Does anyone have a decent set of heater controls for sale (the sliding levers)

2) My engine is the 1050cc version from 1981, can this run on unleaded?

Thanks, Richard

Hello,
I've just bought a 127 and need some help:

1) Does anyone have a decent set of heater controls for sale (the sliding levers)

2) My engine is the 1050cc version from 1981, can this run on unleaded?

Thanks, Richard

The whole heater box setup (from cabin to engine bay), or just the controls? I thought I had the whole lot somewhere, but I haven’t seen it for 15 years!

It will quite happily run on unleaded. I have a 1978 and 1980 127 with the 1050cc. The later one was modified for unleaded at great expense before I bought it. There’s no difference at all & Fiat at the time said it was ok if you avoided long periods flat out (that’s rubbish too). Experts said many cars would run for 100k on “lead memory” before needing a rebuild - that’s a long time, but anyway the 1050 was an advanced engine & doesn’t knock/pink at all on regular unleaded.

I do give them a tank of super unleaded once in a while, just as a treat, but I’m not convinced it makes any difference! (y)

Thanks very much for the advice on fuel.

I need the heater control knobs these are coloured and missing at present!

I also need the cold air filter trunking that goes from the airbox to the offside front wing.

All help gratefully appreciated!

Back