General Neon Light Issue

Currently reading:
General Neon Light Issue

Steven98

Hi all

bought some cheap neon lights last year but never got round to fitting them. When i did look at fitting them it says i need a fused wire. A neighbour of mine has given me the red cable that come with the amp wiring kit thing like from motoroworld. However on my lights i got the two cathode lights leading to a silver block (i was originally told this was an inverter) then a black and red cable

should i connect these straight to the battery?? they do have kill switches on them so i can turn them off but im wondering about this fused bit

thanks

Steven

the black cable would need to go all the way back to the battery though correct?? or do both wires need to be fused??

I didnt add a fuse, i have mine wired to a switch that is connected directly to the battery ad earther also in the engine bay.
But my washer Jet is on the side lights and a switch so they can only be on when my sidelights are on and the switch is flicked :D

the black cable would need to go all the way back to the battery though correct?? or do both wires need to be fused??

Negative doesnt have to be from the battery, you can use a multi meter to see where good earthing points are inside or outside of the bodywork, making sure its bare metal. :)

just read though on another thread, someone in a punto wired it to a ciggy lighter, is this possible for this car???

any idea which is the live feed?? i got a red / white, a red / yellow and a black

im guessing the black is the earth so i can fix my earth to that??

you can earth your neons to that. But dont assume what the wires are dependant on the colour of the wire, well atleast thats what ive learnt from experience, but test a small LED or something, the lighter is fused if i remember rightly...well it would be my uno..if i had lol

Any accesory wired direct to the battery should be fused. :)

any idea which is the live feed?? i got a red / white, a red / yellow and a black

im guessing the black is the earth so i can fix my earth to that??

The thicker of the two wires is the cigar lighter, the thinner for the light ring around it. Still put a fuse in, even though the fag lighter itself is fused. You can never have too many fuses.

Cheers

D

Back