General Need to strip a car ASAP.

Currently reading:
General Need to strip a car ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ucof

Powered by Bacon.
Dad is thinking of scrapping the spares and repairs car soon, so I need to come up with a list of stuff for him to take off the car, that will of use to me, or someone else (I realise that all parts could be of use to someone but I'm talking about what would be the most useful to the most people).

On the list so far are:
bonnet
boot
clock cluster
rear light cluster
bumpers (front and rear)
all doors

The car in question is a Mk2 903cc black 5 door Uno 45.
I have a 999cc Fire Uno IE.

Does anybody want any bits?
Free if you collect from NW London (Harrow).

Which bits would be interchangeable, the carb for example? Would it be worth taking the radiator off?

Last edited:
Well my nan lives in acton which is about 20 mins away from harrow and i need a driver side rear door as mines gone a bit rotten at the bottom lol, i have no idea when i would next be going up to see her but if u still had it when i do i could come and pick it up, if u had enough room to sling it in a corner for a bit how much would you want?

And i might need a front bumper aswell, but not a deffinate yet.

Cheers Dan

Last edited:
Sure thing :)
Dad would only want a hand painted picture of a bowl of fruit or something....

Come to think of it, that door has a broken outside door handle, would you be ok in switching them over?

Let me know about the bumper, can get dad to strip the car one weekend. :)

Yea i think so, if there just held on by bolts, should be easy enough, i only want the door if it's rust free though, thats why i'm replaceing mine, it's got loads of rust coming through on the bottom and starting to come through on the outside aswell :/

I'm going to oder a bumper with fog light holes when i oder my panels so i think i'll be alright with that :)

Thanks Ucof :D

Dan

Dad says door is in excellent condition (other than the knackered handle) and that you are more than welcome to it.

If you are coming to pick it up, he says you should be able to easily remove it yourself, however, if your gran is coming, dad said he would take it off for her ;)

Can you PM me your contact number so I can pass it on to him please? :D

Fuel tank you are welcome to, though I regret to inform you that I already have canibalised the filler pipe (after mine sprang a leak :( ).

I have no idea if it is carbed or injectioned - is there an easy way to tell that I can get my dad to do?

Ucof, I might be interested in the fuel tank if it's any good? And also the fuel filler pipe and plastic filler surround. Do you know if it is a carb or injection model?

Cheers! :)

Chas
I've got the plastic fuel tank and filler neck on our 89' 5 door SCraPPer [FIRE on a carb] if you want them?
5776_101134906566590_100000102444280_32913_747179_n.jpg

Hi,
could I have the vacuum overrun switch....should be on the passenger side of engine compartment on wheel arch..has a rubber tube going to the inlet manifold and a couple of wires.....?
regards,
Tim

I'm sure you should be able to.
I'll get in touch with ol' papa.

Would you be able to collect?

Hey Ucof, have you managed to get a price for postage for the wing?

Cheers
Dan

Lol no :D

I'll have a look at courier prices on the web today and then measure up when I get home. :)

Sorry for being slack :D

Dimensions of the wing are 113cmx70cm. Haven't weighed it as I don't think we have scales we could use - Don't think bathroom ones would be accurate or precise enough :(

Feel free to have a look around for courier companies, I genuinely have no idea where to look for a cheaper one (other than FEDEX, UPS and DHL of course).

Go for it :)

Did my dad get in touch with you?
Im starting to lose track of who is who and whose number I have.

It's pretty much a take what you want, but arrange with dad before turning up.
Weekends are best by far.

Dad says he wants the car gone by the start of the year to make space for a new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back